A Sick Weekend Recap

December 14, 2015

So my weekend unexpectedly began on Thursday when Liam and I ended up home sick. Liam’s never ending runny nose turned into croup on Wednesday night, so we were off to the doctor early Thursday morning. Meanwhile, I was hit with a brutal sinus cold that knocked me right out for the rest of the day. Needless to say, we didn’t get up to much other than a lot of Netflix and naps.

I’m fairly certain there is nothing worse than parenting when you’re sick. I was felt like death was looming.

Thankfully, my dad was coming to town on Friday and made a delivery of more juice and drugs. The sinus pressure had let up somewhat so we were a bit more active. Liam spent the morning doing yoga, as per his request and it was basically the cutest thing ever.

LiamDoesYoga

Not much else happened. Liam decided he didn’t want to nap but stayed put in his room for a couple hours while I chilled out watching How To Get Away With Murder. I always crave Asian food when I’m sick, for the spiciness to help clear the sinuses, so I ordered from my favourite Thai restaurant. Spicy wonton soup for me and pad thai for Liam. For some reason Liam ended up throwing up after supper and fell asleep shortly after, sleeping for a solid 14 hours. Poor kiddo has been having a rough go.

By Saturday I think Liam was starting to feel a little stir crazy and wanted to go outside for a walk. I knew the fresh air would do us both good so we bundled up for a stroll through the fresh snowfall.

His dad picked him up shortly after we got home from our walk. I ate the rest of my sleep while watching the last episode of How To Get Away With Murder (!!!) and then went for a nap. My company Christmas party was that evening and I wasn’t really sure if I felt up to going or not so I set an alarm to wake up with enough time to get ready. I decided since I was helping out with the party that I should at least make an appearance so I threw myself together real quick and headed out. I did not stay at the party long and was home and in bed before 11.

Sunday morning I struggled with wanting to sleep in and getting out for some fresh air. Fresh air won and I met Mary for Sunday Runday. We decided that brunch was necessary after trudging through all the fresh snow. Conveniently, we were at Heritage Ranch aka the best Sunday brunch in the city.

I went home for my usual post-run bubble bath and had very little motivation for much else afterwards. I threw in some laundry, wrapped Christmas gifts, read and puttered around until Liam came home and I could go to bed.

How was your weekend?

Congrats to the winner of the Holiday Survival Pack from Glow Juciery!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Jen @nutcaseinpoint
    December 14, 2015 at 7:18 am

That sucks you guys were sick! Especially on the weekend and especially when you had to adult. The post run bubble bath = ??

December 14, 2015 at 8:25 pm

It’s my favourite part of going for a morning run!!

December 14, 2015 at 9:02 am

Omg Liam in his undies doing yoga is the cutest thing ever! I can’t believe how much snow you guys have! Good for you for getting yourself out of bed Sunday morning. When I’m sick the only place I want to be is in my bed! Hope you’re feeling better today!

December 14, 2015 at 8:25 pm

we have so much snow! It’s so pretty even days later. I love it!!

I had enough of being home in bed by Sunday morning so I was ready to get out and move.

December 14, 2015 at 9:40 am

These darn sinus colds! I had one last weekend, tis’ the seaons I guess! I was going to say something that Liam has done good this season and not been sick, it would have seemed like I jinxed it! Hope you are both feeling better today.
    Your brunch made me jealous, I need t plan a visit there soon!

December 14, 2015 at 8:24 pm

If you ever need a brunch date let me know haha

December 14, 2015 at 10:00 am

Oh no – I hope you are both on the mend this week! Although a whole weekend of relaxing isn’t too bad. The sun hasn’t been out in days, it was drizzly, and I finally have tons of alone time, so I stayed in for most of the weekend, watched movies, read a book; it was great.

December 14, 2015 at 8:24 pm

A couple days of relaxing is totally ok. More than that and I go crazy. But it’s definitely not relaxing when you feel like crap and have a toddler to look after too. Womp.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    December 14, 2015 at 10:52 am

you poor little sickies. i’m glad you got out for a walk and some playing in the snow; and that you’re starting to feel better.
    Liam yoga is the sweetest.

December 14, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Man, I wish you could have seen the whole routine. I didn’t think that he would follow the video for as long as he did. It killed me. Those moments are the best <3

December 14, 2015 at 12:09 pm

It seems like everyone is getting sick right now! I’ve been feeling ill for several days and just when I thought I was on the mend, I woke up with a sore throat/swollen glands this morning. UGH.

I crave Asian food when I’m sick too – I love miso soup or anything spicy & brothy.

December 14, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Tis the season for sickness. I hope you feel better quick!!

December 14, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Liam doing yoga in his undies is so adorable!! Glad to hear you guys are feeling better.