What I’m Loving – December

December 1, 2015

Oh hey December. You kind of crept up quickly, as with every other month, yet at the same time I feel like it’s been December for awhile already! I’m in full holiday mode already, which is odd for me since I’m kind of a scrooge about the holiday season starting any earlier than December 1.

11289739_10155620955415587_310916021_n

• I’m definitely loving that I’m already done my Christmas shopping, save for a couple small things for work parties. (Anyone have any ideas on a ‘jingle’ themed gift for $20?, I’m clueless)
  • I’m loving how excited Liam gets to see Christmas lights, Christmas trees, or anything Christmas related. It’s so much more fun experiencing the season through his eyes, which is why I think I’m feeling the holiday spirit earlier than normal. Also, he refers to Santa Claus as “my friend Santa”. I die.
    FullSizeRender 6
  • Speaking of the holidays, 23 Ways You Will Try To Get Someone To Date You This Season <- edited slightly.
  • Sadly, no one decided to gift me one of the beer advents (there’s still time Universe!), so instead I will watch the Decembeer video reviews and long for a sip of all of the tasty, tasty beer.

• Have you heard of Alberta Adventure Girls yet? It’s an amazing online community connecting active women. Simple as that. All over the province, meet ups are being planned to get out and explore through hiking, or other adventures. While I’m an inexperienced hiker, I am loving following this crew on IG and hoping to join and plan my own adventures in the future! Check out Jo’s post to see some of the group in action.
    12249622_10156515722850643_5604644615993146240_n-1
  • I’m just melting over Tawnya’s new baby boy, Bodhi, who was born yesterday. She’s been sharing the sweetest snaps via Snapchat (add me! TheBexFactor) and it’s making my ovaries hurt.
  • While everyone is listening to Beibs and Adele, I’m just over here rocking out to The Neighbourhood’s newest album. I’m holding out to buy Adele on vinyl. I also am trying to find Michael Buble’s Christmas album on vinyl but none of the local record shops have either one. Womp.

• My friends at CanvasPop are having a massive contest to Win Your Christmas starting tomorrow. Find all the details here.

WinYourChristmas_Header

Tell me something you’re loving lately!

December 2, 2015 at 8:03 am

“jingle” is not a theme….that being said, the first things I thought of were coins “jingling in a pocket”, and thus a coin purse or (is this party for ladies??) this adorable purse pouf/keychains 96200452. Or an advertising jingle which makes me think of small instruments…harmonica? Does LUSH have bath bombs that look like jingle bells?

Have you tried Urban Outfitters for vinyl? Those crazy kids carry a bunch of stuff.

Loving? laying in bed. I never want to get up in the morning and since nothing is on TV find myself reading in bed at about 9pm. And cranberry bliss bars. Why are they so bad for you and so good for my belly?

December 2, 2015 at 7:54 pm

YOU ARE A GENIUS! There’s a reason I ask my blog friends questions, I always get the best answers. Three people have joked about a pocketful of change, etc. but I never would have thought of a coin purse. THANK YOU!

I don’t have a UO here. Womp womp.

Oh man.Ange made homemade cranberry bliss bars with greek yogurt cream cheese last weekend for her Stella & Dot party and OMG so good! Also while I’m here, I’m totally making the prosciutto wrapped pears for my department party on Friday. But with goat cheese because ew blue cheese.

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    December 2, 2015 at 8:20 am

I’m loving….hmm get back to me once we’ve got our decorations up. Then I’ll be in the spirit of the holidays and be baking/decorating/gift buying! (this weekend)

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs
    December 2, 2015 at 8:40 am

“my friend Santa” OMG, that is amazing.

December 2, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Right? Adorbs

Kaella On The Run
    December 2, 2015 at 9:52 am

I want to bake at least one new “holiday” baking treat this year but haven’t decided what yet…

As for your idea…what if you just get something and hang a bell on it hahahahahaha!

December 2, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Hahaha that was my first thought. Bottle of wine with a bell. Done.

I don’t do hardly any holiday baking since I don’t eat a ton of baked goods and we don’t have any big family get-togethers.

December 2, 2015 at 6:34 pm

So cute he refers to Santa as his friend!! So awesome.

December 2, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Ditto the adorableness that is “my friend Santa”…your kid says the cutest things! Right now I’m loving being on vacation, haha 😉 I got nothing for a “jingled” themed gift and it’s really bugging me that I can’t think of anything because I’m usually good at these kinds of things!! 😉

YogiCrystal
    December 3, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I haven’t seen the word vinyl in blog/tweet/etc in a LONG time. It warms my heart. 🙂

Also, I’m still listening to Lana Del Rey and haven’t moved on to Adele’s album yet. Shhh don’t tell.

December 3, 2015 at 8:47 pm

It’s been a long time since I’ve chatted vinyl! I just got a new record player a couple months ago so need to start building my collection again. I should take a listen to the new Lana Del Ray because admittedly I haven’t heard it yet!