Is anyone else in disbelief that Christmas season has completely threw up everywhere already? Since time seems to be moving in light speed, I figure I should be getting organized for the holiday season already.
Christmas to me isn’t all about the consumerism, shopping and gifts. My favourite parts about Christmas are the times spent with family and friends, holiday traditions and making memories. While the idea of Santa is a magical one for children, I hope to pass along the love for Christmas for those same reasons to Liam. For his birthday I focused on the experience rather than the gifts and it will be something I continue to teach him throughout all of the gift giving holidays.
That said, exchanging gifts with loved ones is still a part of my family tradition and every year I’m asked what I’m hoping Santa will have under the tree for me. Plus, ya’ll have mentioned you love seeing my wish lists so I thought I would share this year.
- The Classic Ankle Bootie from Poppy Barley
- Winter running gear. Specifically a running jacket, base layer, tights and socks.
- Punch pass to The Breathing Room and My Revolution Cycle
- Craft Beer Advent. Obviously Santa can’t bring this one since it starts on December 1….
- Betsey Johnson ‘Boudoir’ Comforter and Sheet Set. OMG gorgeous and I’ve been wanting to give me room a facelift ever since I redid Liam’s last year.
- A black pea coat. The one pictured is from H&M.
- Race money. I seem to be signing up for more races every year and it doesn’t come cheap.
- Pampering. I rarely take time to get my hair done or even treat myself to a massage or pedicure. Even a supply of Lush bath bombs or bubble bars would be lovely.
- Gift certificates for a wardrobe update. H&M, Dynamite, Blame Betty, Sephora, Victoria’s Secret.
- The dreams. A vacation, a total house cleaning (including having my walls and carpets cleaned), a condo facelift or just a new house, a boyfriend, a personal chef.
Of course, I don’t expect to actually receive anything on this list. I will be happy to spend Christmas morning watching Liam tear into his gifts and watch his eyes light up with excitement. Those are the memories I will always cherish.