Holiday Wish List

November 17, 2015

Is anyone else in disbelief that Christmas season has completely threw up everywhere already? Since time seems to be moving in light speed, I figure I should be getting organized for the holiday season already.

Christmas to me isn’t all about the consumerism, shopping and gifts. My favourite parts about Christmas are the times spent with family and friends, holiday traditions and making memories. While the idea of Santa is a magical one for children, I hope to pass along the love for Christmas for those same reasons to Liam. For his birthday I focused on the experience rather than the gifts and it will be something I continue to teach him throughout all of the gift giving holidays.

That said, exchanging gifts with loved ones is still a part of my family tradition and every year I’m asked what I’m hoping Santa will have under the tree for me. Plus, ya’ll have mentioned you love seeing my wish lists so I thought I would share this year.

Holiday Wish List

1. The Classic Ankle Bootie from Poppy Barley
  2. Winter running  gear. Specifically a running jacket, base layer, tights and socks.
  3. Punch pass to The Breathing Room and My Revolution Cycle
  4. Craft Beer Advent. Obviously Santa can’t bring this one since it starts on December 1….
  5. Betsey Johnson ‘Boudoir’ Comforter and Sheet Set. OMG gorgeous and I’ve been wanting to give me room a facelift ever since I redid Liam’s last year.
  6. A black pea coat. The one pictured is from H&M.
  7. Race money. I seem to be signing up for more races every year and it doesn’t come cheap.
  8. Pampering. I rarely take time to get my hair done or even treat myself to a massage or pedicure. Even a supply of Lush bath bombs or bubble bars would be lovely.
  9. Gift certificates for a wardrobe update. H&M, Dynamite, Blame Betty, Sephora, Victoria’s Secret.
  10. The dreams. A vacation, a total house cleaning (including having my walls and carpets cleaned), a condo facelift or just a new house, a boyfriend, a personal chef.

Of course, I don’t expect to actually receive anything on this list. I will be happy to spend Christmas morning watching Liam tear into his gifts and watch his eyes light up with excitement. Those are the memories I will always cherish.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    November 17, 2015 at 7:31 am

great list! i’m in the market for winter run stuff, too. i don’t know how to properly dress myself for winter runs yet. it’s all so confusing.

November 17, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I really don’t know how to dress for winter either. I know you need a base layer to keep moisture off you and an outer layer (jacket) but I dunno what to do for various temperatures so you’re not too hot or cold. I plan on doing some research (hopefully including product testing!) and posting about it later.

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    November 17, 2015 at 7:43 am

I like the list! At first, I had a lot of “want” things on my list, but with some recent expenses, I’ve changed it to all normal “need” things. Boring, but it helps with the bills!

November 17, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Boring is ok when it makes life easier. I have years like that too.

alycia
    November 17, 2015 at 9:13 am

great list. i had this on my list of posts for the coming days too. i love that running jacket – not that i do a lot of outdoor running in the winter but its cute!

November 17, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I love that jacket too, obviously, but I would be happy with ANY good jacket for winter running.

November 17, 2015 at 10:28 am

Every year I say I’m going to buy Jim that beer advent calendar and then I wait too long and they are all sold out! This booties are so cute! Jim says I need a new bag for Christmas (and I agree!) but I don’t even know what kind/brand to get or where to start looking! Soooo many choices.

November 17, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Buy in RD. There were tons when I was at the liquor store on the weekend!

Mmmm my first bag after maternity leave was a Michael Kors. *heart eyes*

November 17, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I am so excited to see A on Christmas this year since she finally will understand more! Have you every had one of those advent calendars? I have heard they are a rip off from alot of people. I asked around before getting one for Chad last year.
    I have only a few things on my list, a little unicorn diaper bag and Bra Lounge GC.

November 17, 2015 at 6:07 pm

There’s a bunch of different kinds of those calendars now. I think it depends which one you get?? I’m not sure.

I could definitely go for a Bra Lounge GC too. I want all the things there.

November 17, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Ooh love those black booties! They are super cute. Brian wants a beer advent calendar as well

November 17, 2015 at 6:05 pm

So cute right?! I love my Poppy Barley flats so I kind of want one of everything now.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    November 17, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Good list! My family’s asking me for mine right now and I have no idea what I want to put on it, so thanks for the inspiration!

November 17, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Anytime 😉

November 18, 2015 at 8:40 am

Because I’m a complete snob, there’s mostly only gift cards on my Christmas list. It’s very unexciting, but I can search for the perfect copper canisters instead of pretending to like the ones I’m given.
    Big picture? I guess I’d really love if Santa put an apartment on the market and strolled a good looking, completely normal, over his video-game playing stage of life into my path. But that seems more unrealistic than finding copper canisters so i’ll just stalk HomeSense and continue to be in lust with unavailable men.

November 18, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Hey, it happened once on Miracle on 34th Street. Twice if you count the remake. 😉 So maybe it could happen for both of us if we ask Santa really nicely.

November 18, 2015 at 11:21 am

Great list. I am always looking for more running gear. You really can’t have enough.

November 18, 2015 at 8:27 pm

It’s true!! Same goes for anything fitness related!