Weekend Recap

November 9, 2015

Hi there, how was the weekend?

1376049_10155620955420587_2133260300_n

I honestly don’t remember what happened on Friday night. Is that bad? Clearly it wasn’t that exciting. Liam and I hung out before bedtime, likely playing Lego which is Liam’s current favourite thing. He will sit forever building and rebuilding with the few pieces he has. I’m sure after he was in bed, I settled in with some Scandal. Thrilling, right?

Saturday
Liam was up at 6:30. I’m still cursing Daylight Savings. We watched a movie (The Rescuers, one of my childhood favourites) and I made pancakes before we headed to swimming lessons.

Once swimming was over, I grabbed some coffee and we met up with my parents to hit up a local dog show. Knowing Liam’s love for puppies, my mom thought he would love to go but really it was just a ruse so she could go ๐Ÿ˜‰ Liam was in a mood and wasn’t interested in watching the show, but he did like saying hi to some of the dogs.

Really, all Liam wanted was to play with his Grandma and Grandpa at home so we grabbed some lunch and hung out for a bit. I had hoped Liam would have wanted to snuggle up for a nap but that didn’t happen, ugh. Instead I figured we were both finally healthy enough to get our flu shots so we headed to a nearby clinic. Liam was lucky to get the nasal spray but I had to endure the worst flu shot I’ve ever had. It hurt so bad and I started to feel feint. Thankfully I didn’t actually pass out, which I’m known to do when I get needles.

We went home and curled up on the couch watching movies until Liam’s dad picked him up. Since I’m exhausted by 6pm from the darkness, I couldn’t muster much energy to do much other than watch a couple episodes of Scandal (finished Season 4!). I was in bed before 10pm. Party animal, amirite?

I woke up and ate a quick breakfast before heading out the door to meet Mary for our Sunday run. It was a gorgeous morning to run, we are definitely being spoiled with nice weather this month. I came home and drew a nice warm bubble bath to enjoy with my current book before my stomach forced me out. I made the biggest, most delicious omelet ever.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and cleaning the house. Seriously, all afternoon. By the time I finished and made a quick grocery trip. I had planned to do some major meal prepย but ran out of steam so put it off until later this evening instead. Honestly, I love having an afternoon to clean my condo. It makes me feel refreshed and ready to take on the week. Sunday definitely left me feeling recharged.

And that’s my weekend all wrapped up.

Tell me something about your weekend?ย
What did you meal prep this week?ย

Leslie Anderson
    November 9, 2015 at 7:07 am

I’m happy to hear you thought the flu shot hurt too ? I thought I was just being a wuss

November 9, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Haha a couple people have said that theirs hurt too. My mom just thinks I’m being overly dramatic.

November 9, 2015 at 7:37 am

Sounds like a perfect low key weekend. And no shame on going to bed early. I stayed up past midnight twice this weekend and it felt like the end of the world to me!

November 9, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Sometimes I forget that times like midnight even exist. I would turn into a pumpkin for sure!

Destini
    November 9, 2015 at 10:06 am

Sundays are usually my intense meal prep days, but the past two weeks, I haven’t done it. Just loss for energy it feels like *cramps dont help this lady*. So I will make an extra serving of dinner for the following days lunch. Snack and such are always prepped. So that keeps on track.

My weekend was pretty boring when I wrote my post this morning, mostly cleaning and working out haha

I would have lost my mind at a puppy show ACK. I want all the puppies!

November 9, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Yeah that’s what I do too if I don’t get a chance to meal prep, just make big dinners that I can eat for a couple days.

I’m pretty sure I left the dog show wanting one of almost everything.

November 9, 2015 at 11:34 am

Ugh, sully got us up early this weekend too, and that coupled with the shortest naps ever made for a trying weekend. We didn’t do much – errands, taxes (I knooooow so late) and a Walking Dead. We tried watching Unfinished Business with Vince Vaughn last night and had to stop halfway in, it was that bad.

November 9, 2015 at 5:16 pm

I don’t even think I’ve heard of that movie. Vince Vaughn is nice to look at by I’ve found most of his movies lately to be really dumb.

November 9, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I seriously love staying in bed on Friday nights to watch Netflix. I’m still on season 1 of Scandal – I like it, but don’t love it. (Don’t be mad!)
    What are you going to watch when you’re finished Scandal?

November 9, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Oh I’m not mad. I totally get it. It took a few episodes before I really got into it. And I didn’t love Season 3 but by that point I’d put so much time into it that I had to keep going until I caught up. I think next is The Good Wife.

November 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm

We are loving Scandal right now too!! So good!! Glad you guys had a good weekend!!

November 9, 2015 at 5:14 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only Scandal addict!

Kaella On The Run
    November 9, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for snap chatting me that… I was hungry all day hahahaha!! Daylight Saving hasn’t affected London except he wants to sleep in more! That kid is going to be quite the teenager lol!!!

I love having a clean place to start the week off too!

November 9, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Hahaha you’re welcome.

I’m so jealous of London’s awesome sleep habits lol

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    November 9, 2015 at 3:07 pm

How weird, I also played The Rescuers on Netflix for Wes this weekend!! That omelet looks delicious. I wish I still meal prepped, but I don’t trust my Sunday appetite/grocery shopping habits for the whole week!

November 9, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Gotta love the classics!

Haha, I wouldn’t meal prep if my waistline didn’t disagree with random eating so much.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    November 9, 2015 at 4:39 pm

ahhh the rescuers!! The Rescuers Down Under was a huge childhood favourite for me.

November 9, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Yes!! I’m going to have to see if Netflix has The Rescuers Down Under too!

November 9, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Fun weekend ๐Ÿ™‚ I need to take myself and Amelia to get flu shots- did you go to a pharmacy?

November 9, 2015 at 7:25 pm

I went to a public flu clinic because I don’t think they do flu shots for kids at pharmacies.

November 10, 2015 at 7:56 pm

How old do they have to be for the nasal spray? I had A in last week and she had a shot so if it is 2 and I could have avoided the shot… great Mom there ๐Ÿ˜‰
    How was that juice? I have tried one of their other ones and liked it!

November 11, 2015 at 8:05 am

I think babies can get the nasal spray so you totally could have gotten it for A. Liam had it last year. Weird they wouldn’t have offered it.

The juice was really good!!