Random Reviews

What I’m Loving – November

November 3, 2015

It’s hard to believe that November is here already. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I went to Superstore over the weekend to see it completely taken over with Christmas stuff already. How is it already that time?!

11289739_10155620955415587_310916021_n

First thing’s first: Scandal. Why did it take me until now to start watching this show? I’m obsessed, if you can’t tell from reading this blog regularly. I am totally #TeamJake.

Bloggers and other creative types, you need to read this article: You Can’t Pay Your Rent With “The Unique Platform and Reach Our Site Provides”. I had just finished telling a co-worker about yet another company that reached out to me to blog about a project they are working on with no offer of compensation. While I don’t blog with the intention of making any money (although, that would be really nice), I don’t always want to promote someone else’s company for free. Amirite?

Hawkeyes Huey: 5-year-old old photographer has a flock of fans
Liam got a digital camera for his birthday and is loving documenting things throughout the day. You can tell I take far too many photos because he’s been taking a picture of his food, of me eating, etc. IMG_4130

Colder weather. It’s crisp enough that I can indulge in nice warm bubble baths, wear scarves and boots but not have to bundle up beyond recognition. Remind me to stock up on Lush bath bombs and bubble bars, will you?

NYX Epic Black Mousse Liner – I don’t usually wear a ton of makeup, but have been having fun with bold lipsticks, enhancing my brows and just a bit of eye makeup on different occasions. NYX is my go to for trying out something new because it’s better quality than drugstore brands, but with drugstore brand prices. This liner goes on with a brush and is super easy to use. Much easier than a liquid liner but with the same look. I love suck a liquid liner, but love this stuff. Also, last time I purchased a bunch of NYX product, I got a free lipstick. Score!

remembrance

What are you loving lately?

November 3, 2015 at 7:36 am

That’s a great article, and love that meme. So true. I’ve had a few, really random people email me lately asking to promote their stuff too. Sure…but what’s in it for me?! Especially when it’s not a product!!

I’d love to see the pictures Liam takes! “The world as seen by Liam”… 😉

November 3, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Oooooh that’s a really good post idea. Thanks!!

November 3, 2015 at 7:50 am

Scandal is so great although I’m not caught up to the newest season yet. I’m totally team Jake too.

November 3, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Yay team Jake!

Tawnya Faust
    November 3, 2015 at 8:51 am

I love Scandal! I’ve been watching it since the first season but I’m kind of over this season…. last was SO good that I just can’t get as into this one… I am totally team Jake too, I love him 🙂

ugh companies reaching out to bloggers with no compensation… No just No. I’m very picky with the content I accept FOR compensation even, if somebody wants me to talk about something that I’m really not that interested in then it better be for some good $$!! Haha

November 3, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Ooooh too bad you aren’t enjoying this season as much. I like that the current season is up to date on Netflix! Also, it doesn’t hurt that Jake is super good looking. 😉

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    November 3, 2015 at 9:54 am

you’re kind of making me think that I need to check out Scandal sometime!
    And YES to the lack of compensation – so frustrating!!

November 3, 2015 at 5:43 pm

You probably should check Scandal out. But don’t say I didn’t warn you when you don’t want to do anything else until you’re done the series haha.

November 3, 2015 at 9:17 pm

I’m so not ready for Christmas to be here yet. Mainly because that means it’s getting closer to me going back to work 🙁

November 4, 2015 at 8:55 am

I’m having a really strange week where nothing sounds good, other than Starbucks holiday drinks, of course. Really, I’d just like to curl up with bf Jay and Chicago PD, a hot bevvie, some magazines, and not have my Dad ask me about every aspect of my day.