Thinking Out Loud #3

October 29, 2015

Hey there. I’ve kind of gone MIA this week around these parts so I thought a little catch up with some Thinking Out Loud was in order.

Thinking-Out-Loud2

1)     I woke up Monday feeling like I might be coming down with something and have very slowly been getting worse and worse as the week goes on. Yesterday and most of today I’ve felt like total garbage which is not fun when you have this mom gig to continue doing rather than hiding out in bed. Luckily, I think I’m coming around and I’m thinking with one more good sleep I’ll be good to go.

2)     On top of feeling like garbage, Liam has been the worst this week. He’s took off running down the street, looked me in the eye while colouring on my newly re-finished kitchen chair, threw out his supper and asked for snacks, refused to get dressed about 14 times, and let’s not forget the bed time battle which is getting progressively worse night after night. Or maybe it’s just that my patience is warring thinner and thinner. Whatever is going on, I really hope this isn’t what the entire year of having a three year old is going to be. If it is, I’m not sure we will both survive.

3)     I was suppose to be starting 21 Day Fix Extreme on Monday. While I have been doing well with nutrition despite this cold/flu, I have only competed the first workout. Ugh. I really hate when I’m motivated to do great and life derails you. Oh well, life happens and I’m still proud to be doing well with my diet and will hopefully see just as much success as I did with 21 Day Fix. I’ve actually mapped out two rounds of Fix/Fix Extreme leading up to Christmas so if anyone wants to join in let me know!

4)      I’m excited to take Liam trick-or-treating. Last year was so much fun with him on his first time out and I know this year will be even more fun. He chose his own costume this year and is going to be Mickey Mouse, so I went and bought some Minnie Mouse ears to match. Since I will be home with a (hopefully) sleeping toddler in the evening, my plans include having a bath with my Lush sparkly pumpkin bubble bar while trying to resist eating all of Liam’s Halloween candy.

5)     I treated myself this week. I wanted to pick up the new City & Colour album on vinyl and H&M had the perfect leopard print cardigan that I couldn’t walk away from. I’m such a sucker for leopard print anything. And I rarely buy myself things, I’m always buying Liam new stuff.

hmprod

Tell me something random from the week!

Danielle
    October 29, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Cute cardigan! Totally your style! I hope Liam’s threenager phase doesn’t last long for you!

Tawnya Faust
    October 29, 2015 at 9:05 pm

LOVE that cardigan! I’ve been looking for a cute leopard cardigan! Scarlett has been testing my patience a lot more lately too, I really hope it’s not an age thing and just a little phase because I just can’t even some days!

October 30, 2015 at 8:38 pm

This cardigan is perfect because it’s super long too which I love.

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one struggling. I honestly think the full moon this week played into things a little. But yes, hopefully the whole year isn’t this challenging.

October 29, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Boo to being sick! Hope you feel better soon. Can’t wait to see Liam and you in your costumes!

October 30, 2015 at 8:37 pm

I am feeling better, thanks!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    October 30, 2015 at 8:34 am

the cardigan is super cute! I’m with you on the leopard print thing, it’s hard to resist.
    Fingers crossed that you’re feeling better today!

October 30, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I almost bought a 2nd leopard sweater from H&M haha. I can’t help myself

October 30, 2015 at 9:55 am

Hope you and Liam have lots of fun tonight and somehow a few of Momma’s favourite candies fall out of Liam’s treat bag and into your lap.

October 30, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Oh don’t worry, there will be lots of quality control on the good stuff happening!

October 30, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Ooh love that cardigan! I know what you mean, I’m always buying things for Sully, never for myself. Even when I go shopping specifically for myself, I still end up usually just buying him something lol. I hope you are feeling better!! Our Halloween night will also be low key, which I’m actually kind of grateful for.

October 30, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I never even go shopping just for me because I’m usually too broke from buying stuff for Liam. Hahaha.

I am feeling better. Not 100% but slowly getting there!

laura @ scribbles and sass
    October 30, 2015 at 2:47 pm

let me know when you’re doing fix extreme. i should join you! i’m doing a yoga challenge between nov 9-dec 13, but can always use some cross training, too. (along with running. yieks, remember this forerunner business we’ve got ourselves into!)

October 30, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Well, I was suppose to start on Monday. I’ve done 2/5 workouts so far due to sickness but have been sticking to the nutrition, so I will just tack on another week at the end to make up for the missed days. Join in!

Amie
    November 3, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Oh man that threenager phase…. So not looking forward to it. I didn’t know city and color had a new album out. Off to listen on iTunes now!

November 3, 2015 at 5:42 pm

I mean, there are some really really great moments that come with three too, but the not so great moments are so very trying. It’s the same as any stage, good and bad.

Let me know what you think of the album.

November 12, 2015 at 11:43 am

LOVE the cardigan, it’s very you!! What do you think of Extreme? Did you like Yoga? I always thought of you when I did it!!

November 12, 2015 at 8:27 pm

I am liking Extreme! I haven’t done the yoga one to be honest because I’ve been going to my yoga studio weekly so just count that instead.