Hey there. I’ve kind of gone MIA this week around these parts so I thought a little catch up with some Thinking Out Loud was in order.
1) I woke up Monday feeling like I might be coming down with something and have very slowly been getting worse and worse as the week goes on. Yesterday and most of today I’ve felt like total garbage which is not fun when you have this mom gig to continue doing rather than hiding out in bed. Luckily, I think I’m coming around and I’m thinking with one more good sleep I’ll be good to go.
2) On top of feeling like garbage, Liam has been the worst this week. He’s took off running down the street, looked me in the eye while colouring on my newly re-finished kitchen chair, threw out his supper and asked for snacks, refused to get dressed about 14 times, and let’s not forget the bed time battle which is getting progressively worse night after night. Or maybe it’s just that my patience is warring thinner and thinner. Whatever is going on, I really hope this isn’t what the entire year of having a three year old is going to be. If it is, I’m not sure we will both survive.
3) I was suppose to be starting 21 Day Fix Extreme on Monday. While I have been doing well with nutrition despite this cold/flu, I have only competed the first workout. Ugh. I really hate when I’m motivated to do great and life derails you. Oh well, life happens and I’m still proud to be doing well with my diet and will hopefully see just as much success as I did with 21 Day Fix. I’ve actually mapped out two rounds of Fix/Fix Extreme leading up to Christmas so if anyone wants to join in let me know!
4) I’m excited to take Liam trick-or-treating. Last year was so much fun with him on his first time out and I know this year will be even more fun. He chose his own costume this year and is going to be Mickey Mouse, so I went and bought some Minnie Mouse ears to match. Since I will be home with a (hopefully) sleeping toddler in the evening, my plans include having a bath with my Lush sparkly pumpkin bubble bar while trying to resist eating all of Liam’s Halloween candy.
5) I treated myself this week. I wanted to pick up the new City & Colour album on vinyl and H&M had the perfect leopard print cardigan that I couldn’t walk away from. I’m such a sucker for leopard print anything. And I rarely buy myself things, I’m always buying Liam new stuff.
Tell me something random from the week!