Thinking Out Loud

September 10, 2015

Once again, I’m linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. If you don’t know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it’s a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.

Thinking-Out-Loud2

1. This week has sucked. Liam’s cold went from getting better to getting worse. I’ve run out of sick days at work and my vacation days are slowly dwindling. With no family in town, there’s really no options when Liam isn’t allowed to be in care. So on top of being stressed out about him being sick all.the.time and for-freaking-ever (going on two weeks now of this one now), I’m stressed about what will happen in the next four months if he’s sick so much and I can’t miss work. Anyone want to be our on-call nanny?

The other part is that Liam is unmanageable when he’s not feeling well so this week has been very trying. I’ve lost it too many times to admit, have cried a lot and have felt like a terrible parent pretty much every day. This situation is the hardest part by far about being a single parent. I need a bigger village to help me in times like this.

Face crushing snuggles don’t quite make up for all the stress.

2. I haven’t ran since the LRPS 5k and am tackling the 13+k Super Spartan on Saturday with Lindsey and Brie. Yikes. I’m both excited and nervous, I should have been practicing my burpees and have a feeling Sunday might hurt.

spartan5Spartan Spring – 2014

3. I’m currently doing an Instagram takeover for a local lingerie shop, The Bra Lounge. I did some major damage on my wallet there on Tuesday and have been posting all about my experience, etc. to give a fresh perspective on the store. It’s been super fun and can’t wait to continue posting for them throughout the next few days. Be sure to follow along and stay tuned to the blog because I plan on doing a full blog post recap as well.

BraLoungeIG

4. I really appreciate those of you who took the time to fill out my reader survey. I’m going to leave it open until next week so if you haven’t had a chance to leave some feedback yet, I’d appreciate it if you took a few minutes to do so for a chance to win a Starbucks gift card. From what I’ve seen so far you guys are liking all of the variety of posts since I can’t nail down a focus but want some more personal stuff and daily life.

5. I’ve been madly planning Liam’s 3rd birthday party. For a moment I thought we would just stick to the family birthday/Thanksgiving celebration since I didn’t feel like hosting a bunch of three year olds in my condo nor did I really want to pay a couple hundred bucks to go somewhere. But then he so sweetly requested a cowboy birthday party and I couldn’t deny him of that. I found a nearby ranch that offers pony rides with an indoor and outdoor arena depending on the weather.

6. I hate that I love the new Justin Beiber song and the new Selena Gomez single. What am I, 20 again? I also discovered Ed Sheeran did a song with The Weeknd and it’s amazing. And Liam won’t stop grooving to the new Macklemore & Ryan Lewis track, it’s pretty much the most adorable thing ever. #MusicIsMyReligion

PicMonkey Collage

Alright, that’s enough rambling for me.  I’m off to drink tea and read my book before bed because I’m an old lady.

September 10, 2015 at 10:03 pm

I wish I could be part of your village! 🙁 I have no words of wisdom, but you know I’m here for you whenever you need a shoulder to vent or cry on. I’m rooting for you and Liam that this cold is the last one for many, many months.

I totally forgot about burpees – I will not be prepared for those, haha! That’s so cool to take over an account for a few days – I will have to go follow them right now! I can already picture the cuteness that will be Liam’s birthday! And that’s great that they have an indoor and outdoor option cause who can predict the weather in October! Are you talking about Macklemore’s Downtown? I love that song too! So catchy.

September 11, 2015 at 7:20 am

I just appreciate you letting me rant to you.

Yes, Downtown! So catchy!

Louise
    September 10, 2015 at 10:51 pm

I don’t really have any wise words but do have empathy for the whole sick Liam/single Mom challenge. I know it’s not ideal, but there are quieter dayhomes with less kids and far less rules about runny noses because of it. G hasn’t been sick once since she started attending one where there’s only her and another two year old. I really hope – for both you and Liam’s sake – that he turns a corner. I have terrible memories of being in the same situation as you and not knowing how to balance. It was the hardest.

Awkward cyber hugs.

September 11, 2015 at 7:18 am

Thanks Louise.

You’re right, a quieter day home could make a difference but I would lose the subsidy if I went to a private day home with less rules about the runny noses. Arlee is usually pretty good about letting us stay unless there are wee ones, and I get it. But it’s still such a stupid rule.

Louise
        September 11, 2015 at 7:38 am

With me in school, we also rely on subsidy. I would never be comfortable with an unlicensed dayhome with or without the subsidy. Here’s to no more runny nose!

Janelle @ Wholly Healthy
    September 10, 2015 at 11:12 pm

That is so rough about Liam being sick. I really hope he is feeling better soon.

September 11, 2015 at 7:16 am

Thanks!

Nina
    September 11, 2015 at 7:38 am

I feel your pain. My daughter is constantly sick all the time too! I have one sick day left and then I’m starting on vacation days. I have my mom in town but I’ve used up a bunch of her time already and now that my daughters is starting kindergarten I’m worried she’s going to miss too much.

September 13, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Aw man. That sucks. So stressful. Everyone says its gets better when they get to school, so hopefully that is the case with you!

laura @ scribbles and sass
    September 11, 2015 at 8:28 am

you will do amazing at Spartan! you crazy girls…

also, super adorable lingerie!

Kaella On The Run
    September 11, 2015 at 9:52 am

I wish I lived closer so I could be part of your village. I’m so sorry hun. You are NOT a bad parent. Liam knows how much you love him and is just testing your patience. You’re doing an amazing job and I’m always here to tell you that during moments you think otherwise!

I missed your reader survey post! I will do that today/this weekend!

Also, cute lingerie. I don’t remember the last time I bought myself some nice underwear :O

September 11, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Haha yes I’ve been joking that IG peeps are the only people to see my skivvies in quite some time!

Thank you for being my village from afar. I appreciate having you to vent to and the reassurance that I’m not a total psycho!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    September 11, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that Liam hasn’t been feeling well! I can only imagine how hard that must be for you, both work-wise and to see him feeling sick. Fingers crossed he feels better soon! I’d offer my nannying services if I could :-p (I used to work in a daycare!)

September 11, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Aw man! If only I could convince you not to move!!

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    September 13, 2015 at 7:33 am

I hear ya on the village bit- this last month has been a godsend to have an extra set of hands. Vent away and hopefully everything will work out with your work and Liam not getting sick!!!