Once again, I’m linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. If you don’t know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it’s a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. This week has sucked. Liam’s cold went from getting better to getting worse. I’ve run out of sick days at work and my vacation days are slowly dwindling. With no family in town, there’s really no options when Liam isn’t allowed to be in care. So on top of being stressed out about him being sick all.the.time and for-freaking-ever (going on two weeks now of this one now), I’m stressed about what will happen in the next four months if he’s sick so much and I can’t miss work. Anyone want to be our on-call nanny?
The other part is that Liam is unmanageable when he’s not feeling well so this week has been very trying. I’ve lost it too many times to admit, have cried a lot and have felt like a terrible parent pretty much every day. This situation is the hardest part by far about being a single parent. I need a bigger village to help me in times like this.
Face crushing snuggles don’t quite make up for all the stress.
2. I haven’t ran since the LRPS 5k and am tackling the 13+k Super Spartan on Saturday with Lindsey and Brie. Yikes. I’m both excited and nervous, I should have been practicing my burpees and have a feeling Sunday might hurt.
Spartan Spring – 2014
3. I’m currently doing an Instagram takeover for a local lingerie shop, The Bra Lounge. I did some major damage on my wallet there on Tuesday and have been posting all about my experience, etc. to give a fresh perspective on the store. It’s been super fun and can’t wait to continue posting for them throughout the next few days. Be sure to follow along and stay tuned to the blog because I plan on doing a full blog post recap as well.
4. I really appreciate those of you who took the time to fill out my reader survey. I’m going to leave it open until next week so if you haven’t had a chance to leave some feedback yet, I’d appreciate it if you took a few minutes to do so for a chance to win a Starbucks gift card. From what I’ve seen so far you guys are liking all of the variety of posts since I can’t nail down a focus but want some more personal stuff and daily life.
5. I’ve been madly planning Liam’s 3rd birthday party. For a moment I thought we would just stick to the family birthday/Thanksgiving celebration since I didn’t feel like hosting a bunch of three year olds in my condo nor did I really want to pay a couple hundred bucks to go somewhere. But then he so sweetly requested a cowboy birthday party and I couldn’t deny him of that. I found a nearby ranch that offers pony rides with an indoor and outdoor arena depending on the weather.
6. I hate that I love the new Justin Beiber song and the new Selena Gomez single. What am I, 20 again? I also discovered Ed Sheeran did a song with The Weeknd and it’s amazing. And Liam won’t stop grooving to the new Macklemore & Ryan Lewis track, it’s pretty much the most adorable thing ever. #MusicIsMyReligion
Alright, that’s enough rambling for me. I’m off to drink tea and read my book before bed because I’m an old lady.