What I’m Loving – September

September 2, 2015

Somehow it’s September already. I’m so not ready to say goodbye to summer since it flew by way too fast. I do love fall though and am excited about pumpkin everything, fall clothes and my birthday month! Even though most days I don’t even know how old I am, and I’m getting scarily close to that 3-0, I love celebrating my birthday. AND, this year is my champagne birthday. How can you not love that! Here’s some more things I’m loving lately…

11289739_10155620955415587_310916021_n

I have to start off by sharing one of the teasers from my shoot with my beautiful friend Tawnya last weekend. It nearly brought tears to my eyes. I love the tender moments like this that Liam shares with me and I’m so happy that Tawnya captured it so beautifully.

11953532_1011882228833683_2560212415062129480_o

You can see more of Tawnya’s work on Facebook and Instagram.

Music has always been a huge part of my life. I used to have a record player that I gave away when it broke and was too lazy to fix. I wish I had a player in my life again. I love the vinyl is making such a huge comeback, and love even more this Calgarian who started Canada’s only vinyl pressing plant.

24 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Grew Up Pop Punk – This reminds me of junior high/high school. Too much. The last one is still true.

“It’s rare for a woman of our generation to meet a man who treats her like a priority instead of an option,”  – Tinder and the Dawn of Dating Apocalypse which turned into Tinder Completely Freaking Out On Twitter. I find it super interesting reading articles about dating in today’s society although completely horrifying considering I’m single and am interested in re-entering the dating world with the hope of one day finding someone to settle down with. This isn’t a topic I chat much about on here, but these articles are too good not to share.

IMG_3309Blog friends – It is amazing the power of the internet when it comes to connecting with people. The group of ladies that I’ve become friends with throughout Alberta through this little blog of mine are amazing. I love when you finally get to meet someone that you’ve interacted with online and it’s like you’ve already known them for so long. It was so nice to be able to spend time with some of them last weekend and I’m forever grateful for the connections that come from pouring your life onto the internet. Love you girls!

Are you a Banksy fan? Welcome to Dismaland: A First Look at Banky’s New Art Exhibition Housed Inside a Dystopian Theme Park

Joey Fatone To One Direction: “Everything Is About To Be Terrible” – if you only click one link from this post, make it this one. Seriously hilarious.

What are you loving lately?

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    September 2, 2015 at 8:58 am

Million Dollar Listing San Francisco! I’m a sucker for reality TV and when it’s filmed in a place I used to live, I HAVE to watch!

September 2, 2015 at 10:34 am

Haha sounds interesting! I have no cable but my dad likes to watch shows like that too.

Amber
    September 2, 2015 at 9:11 am

I am actually loving the cooler weather! We had a HOT summer so it’s been nice to have a reprieve from it. Though I doubt I’ll still feel this way come winter…

September 2, 2015 at 10:34 am

Haha yes I think you’ve been much hotter than us here. I’ve been enjoying the warmth because our winters are sooo terrible. I’m not ready for winter to come yet.

September 2, 2015 at 9:56 am

I love the photo sneak peak! I cannot wait to see more 🙂 Blog friends are pretty darn awesome!

September 2, 2015 at 10:35 am

I can’t wait either! Hopefully they will be here by next week!

Brie
    September 2, 2015 at 10:04 am

Do you have big plans to ring in your champagne birthday? Can’t wait to see more photos from the shoot, that one is so adorable! I agree – blogging friends are pretty amazing – and I’m so glad for all the connections I’ve made. I am loving the cooler temperatures and excited for what fall has to bring – mainly the wardrobe! I prefer “fall” clothes over summer any day 😉

September 2, 2015 at 10:35 am

I actually don’t have any plans. September seems to be so busy and I’ve been kind of broke, haha.

I’m glad blogging brought us together! 😉

September 2, 2015 at 11:16 am

I’m ready to dress for fall that’s about it – well and my birthday and Delainey’s! YAY for your Champagne birthday! I love that photo of you two, can’t wait to see more! Blog friends ARE the best!!

September 2, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Yes! Fall is the season of birthdays for me! Mine, Liam’s, my dad’s… so many friends too!

September 2, 2015 at 12:13 pm

That photo is too cute!

Loving Zac Brown Band and shockingly am not in lovelovelove with anything else at the moment.

September 2, 2015 at 7:09 pm

So cute right?

I’ve never listened to them. Gasp! I should probably check the out.

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    September 2, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Love that picture of you and Liam!!
    A friend of mine may be going to Dismaland and I’m excited to hear more about it from her.

September 2, 2015 at 7:09 pm

AH! That’s awesome! I want to hear all about it too!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    September 2, 2015 at 2:12 pm

love that pic of you and Liam!
    And yay for fall birthdays! Mine is in October and I’m already thinking about how I want to celebrate..

September 2, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Oooh! Exciting!

September 2, 2015 at 2:12 pm

On the topic of Tinder/social media dating and how our generation/culture views dating now… you should check out the book Modern Romance. My best friend just gave it to me as a gift and I’m not sure if I should be honoured or offended, hahahaha. Book club?

“A hilarious, thoughtful, and in-depth exploration of the pleasures and perils of modern romance from one of this generation’s sharpest comedic voices

At some point, every one of us embarks on a journey to find love. We meet people, date, get into and out of relationships, all with the hope of finding someone with whom we share a deep connection. This seems standard now, but it’s wildly different from what people did even just decades ago. Single people today have more romantic options than at any point in human history. With technology, our abilities to connect with and sort through these options are staggering. So why are so many people frustrated?

Some of our problems are unique to our time. “Why did this guy just text me an emoji of a pizza?” “Should I go out with this girl even though she listed Combos as one of her favorite snack foods? Combos?!” “My girlfriend just got a message from some dude named Nathan. Who’s Nathan? Did he just send her a photo of his penis? Should I check just to be sure?”

But the transformation of our romantic lives can’t be explained by technology alone. In a short period of time, the whole culture of finding love has changed dramatically. A few decades ago, people would find a decent person who lived in their neighborhood. Their families would meet and, after deciding neither party seemed like a murderer, they would get married and soon have a kid, all by the time they were twenty-four. Today, people marry later than ever and spend years of their lives on a quest to find the perfect person, a soul mate.

For years, Aziz Ansari has been aiming his comic insight at modern romance, but for Modern Romance, the book, he decided he needed to take things to another level. He teamed up with NYU sociologist Eric Klinenberg and designed a massive research project, including hundreds of interviews and focus groups conducted everywhere from Tokyo to Buenos Aires to Wichita. They analyzed behavioral data and surveys and created their own online research forum on Reddit, which drew thousands of messages… “

September 2, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Yes – I’ve heard of this book. I’m intrigued but at the same time scared because I really don’t want to accept that this is what dating is.

September 2, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Love the sneak peek! It looks like they are going to be beautiful 🙂 I’m loving getting back into reading lately. I stopped for a long time and have been enjoying it at night instead of sitting on my phone

September 3, 2015 at 7:17 am

I love reading before bed too. I’m in between books right now though. I need to go get a library card or something.

Nancy
    September 3, 2015 at 2:23 pm

What a beautiful photo! Tawnya does amazing work, she did our family photos this summer too! 🙂 You will definitely be happy with them!

September 3, 2015 at 8:36 pm

That’s so awesome!! I can’t wait!