Community Fitness Reviews

Fitness Fashion

August 25, 2015

It’s no secret that a killer workout outfit makes all the difference. For me, putting on something I feel good in makes me excited to get my sweat on. I’ve recently given my workout wardrobe an upgrade and couldn’t be happier about the investment.

Fitness fashion

Let’s face it I didn’t want to go out and buy a bunch of stuff after pregnancy because I had anticipated losing the ‘baby weight’. I was in denial about the lack of weight loss that was happening and ended up with a limited fitness closet that did nothing to boost my self-esteem. And when I don’t feel good about how I look, I don’t feel good about moving, and it’s a vicious cycle. I was kind of just going through the motions, stuck in a rut and unhappy about my body image. I finally decided to invest in some new pieces and now that I have so many beautiful options to sweat in, I couldn’t be more excited to move my body. I’m on the right path and making changes needed to be happy with my body again.

Whether you are needing something new to boost your self-esteem, motivate you to get moving again, or just addicted to buying new workout clothes (which is now what I’m suffering from), I thought I’d share some of my favourite and essential pieces as of late.

Tanks

I prefer tanks to teeshirts hands down and my growing collection can verify that. My Strength Is Beauty flowy racer back from The Fit Lift is my go-to tank for whatever I’m doing, be it yoga, running or just casual wear. Wearing tanks with empowering messages gives me a major confidence boost during my workoutThe Fit Lift Tank

I stumbled across The Fit Lift several months ago on Instagram and fell in love with their message. Susanne and Sarah are the strong mamas behind the blog, created to “motivate, inspire and empower women to live a healthy lifestyle”. Their apparel collection is equal as motivating as their blog feed.

“Strength Is Beauty” is derived from our philosophy where we believe that by investing in your body and your mind, and striving for progress rather than perfection, you can become the BEST version of yourself.

Even better? These lovely ladies are from right here in Alberta.

Leggings/Crops

Do you ever feel like you’re drowning in a sea of Lululemon in yoga class? Enter Muladhara Yoga, beautifully handmade leggings designed to make you feel completely beautiful both on and off the mat. I instantly fell in love with the unique lace waist leggings that make me feel instantly pretty while still maintaining comfort as I work through my practice. The best part about each piece being handsewn? It was no problem when I asked Calgary-based shop owner Amanda, if I could have black lace instead of white on my Aphrodite Lace-Waist Leggings.

Muladhara Yoga

The leggings fit like a dream, are so soft and comfortable and move perfectly through a session on the mat. They are great for making a statement and striking conversation with the lace detail. That lace is what makes these leggings and it’s SO hard to control myself from buying every single pair.

I’ve very drawn to bright coloured workout pants with a neutral top this season so you can usually pick me out of the crowd based on the pants I’m working. I don’t know what it is about wearing colour that makes me happier (which is such a change from my teenage years of all black).

Bras

It’s kind of a given that a good sports bra is a must have in your fitness closet. But gone are the days of ugly bras. There are so many pretty sports bras out there now that are made to be shown off, not hidden. I absolutely love pairing a bright print under a white tank, or a funky backed bra with an open backed shirt during a yoga in the park session. It’s all about the cute prints and details. I like Fabletics and Victoria’s Secret for fashionable workout bras.

What are you loving for fitness fashion lately?
Any go-to pieces that make you feel amazing?

Disclaimer: I was given the featured tank and leggings to review, however all opinions are my own and I’m sharing because I truly love these products and supporting these amazing local gals!

For more on The Fit Lift Apparel:
www.thefitlift.com
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

For more on Muladhara Yoga Wear:
www.muladharayogawear.com
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Pam
    August 25, 2015 at 6:07 am

Love both the tank and leggings and so great that they are both local companies!

August 25, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Love supporting local!

August 25, 2015 at 7:07 am

cute!

August 25, 2015 at 7:28 am

Those pants are SO cute!! I love finding alternative places to shop for workout gear.

August 25, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Aren’t they! I love it too, especially when they’re local!

laura @ scribbles and sass
    August 25, 2015 at 7:59 am

great post; thanks for sharing. love that you asked for black lace. i would have totally done that, too!

i know what you mean about the closet full of clothes that make you feel worse. it is such a struggle, but finding what fits you and makes you look beautiful, instead of worrying about a size or label makes the heart so much happier.

August 25, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Exactly!

The black lace makes them so much better! I own no white shirts and I’m too type A to not match colours.

Tawnya Faust
    August 25, 2015 at 9:03 am

Love those leggings!! They look so comfortable and the lace is so pretty! Haha I laughed about the “drowning in a sea of lululemon”. I’m so over Lulu lately… I love it, but I hate it, the price, the company… the cult following LOL

August 25, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s over Lulu. There are much more affordable options, without sacrificing style and quality and that come from somewhere that don’t shame women for being the wrong ‘type’ to wear their clothes. Don’t get me wrong, I have my share of Lulu but I have been buying elsewhere lately.

August 25, 2015 at 9:18 am

I loved this post. You look amazing and FEELING amazing is the most important thing. You are a beautiful mama!
    SO glad you love Amanda’s leggings as much as me (& Delainey!!) they are so beautiful. I have to not go on her site as they are all so nice!! I need a lace pair though!
    I will have to check out that other shop too.

August 25, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Thank you! Definitely check out The Fit Lift!!

Brie
    August 25, 2015 at 9:41 am

LOVE that lace pair! I would totally ask for black lace too. Are their leggings seethrough at all that you’ve noticed? I’m very sensitive to that haha, which is why I usually default to lulu. And I agree – pretty workout gear is a must, especially when you’re already feeling less than stellar about your body image. If I don’t feel good in the workout clothes, I’m definitely not going to want to go out for run in them.

August 25, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I do admit that the pink ones are a little bit see through, which sucks, but the purple pair I have (in the title picture) are definitely not. Just depends on the fabric I guess.

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    August 25, 2015 at 10:30 am

And now I want to buy all the things 🙂

August 25, 2015 at 6:39 pm

#SorryNotSorry

Nancy
    August 25, 2015 at 12:10 pm

I love both the tank & the leggings! I really need some new stuff, but find it so hard to get out of my black rut too, but now I’m inspired to try some bright pants! Thanks for sharing some great options. Love that they’re local too!

August 25, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Yes! Supporting local is top priority, as is quality and price. Fabletics is a good place to start to build a new fitness closet for much less money too!

August 25, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I love the pink pants – so cute. And that lacey top? HOT DAMN! (Insert the fire emoji)

August 25, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Right! That lace makes the pants!

Nicole
    August 25, 2015 at 10:55 pm

I want both the tank (I’ve been eyeing for awhile) and the lace pants!! I stick to Lulu because I know it fits me but I might be convinced to try these!

August 26, 2015 at 7:34 pm

You should totally get the tank!! It’s so great!

Kelly
    August 26, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I agree completely. I love getting new workout clothes. Makes me feel so much for confident and motivated. I’ve started saving money and ideas for what I want to buy when I start “real” workouts again post-pregnancy! I used to love Lulu but was disenchanted by the whole see-through pants debacle. Mostly stick to Athleta now and might try Fabletics.

August 26, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Yes – that whole thing with LLL is what turned me off of them as well. And then finding Fabletics where I can get just as cute styles for a fraction of the price without sacrificing quality and it makes LLL even less appealing to me.

August 26, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Hot mama! Love both of those pieces