Random Reviews

What I’m Loving – August

August 5, 2015

Can anyone believe that it’s August already? Because I can’t. That means in two months I’ll be having my champagne birthday and in 2.5 months I’ll have a three year old. How.

Let’s talk about some things I’m loving, shall we?

11289739_10155620955415587_310916021_n

How To Buy Running Shows via Cowgirl Runs – Ange has some good tips on buying the right pair of running shoes for you. I love the last shoes I bought, but I could probably benefit from a gait analysis when it’s time to buy my next pair.

Have you heard the news about Netflix offering their employees unlimited maternity/paternity leave? I always feel so sad for my American blog friends who don’t get the luxury of a year off with their new babes. Having the freedom to come back when you’re ready and still get paid is pretty rad.

I’m pretty sure it makes an appearance every month, but seriously my last Fabletics order was amazeballs. I told myself I wouldn’t purchase anymore for the summer and will order some stuff for fall and winter in a few months. I successfully skipped August, even though I was mighty tempted. Have you ordered yet? $25 for your first outfit. Yes, I’m serious. Use this link, sign up, and help me feed my addiction too.

IMG_3011How sweet is this Irish Wolfhound puppy Liam got to visit with his dad? I want a puppy to snuggle!

How cute is the Baby Owl Stopped By Boulder Sheriffs (And The Internet)?!

The Bridgman Sisters. If you don’t follow Laura and Allison yet, I suggest add them both to your Feedly ASAP.  I love them both equally for their beautiful style and truly lovely personalities. What I love most about their blogs is their clean, pretty photos and designs and their perfection in marrying their lives into the topics they’re writing about. I secretly wish I lived closer to both of them so we could be friends.

IMG_2969Coconut Greek yogurt with berries, coconut chips and shredded coconut aka gimme all the coconut things! Since starting 21 Day Fix, Greek yogurt has become a staple morning snack and protein boost and I’m loving having it in my life again. Especially topped with fresh market berries. Perfection.

“Why does the Internet bathe cats in a rosy, whiskered glow but children—most of whom eventually grow into reasonably conscientious adults—are cause for heated national debate?”
I’m Afraid of Taking My Child Literally Anywhere – This was such a great read.

I need this shirt:

Speaking of coffee, A Bad Coffee Date In Toronto (with Tweets) – this makes me not excited to ever enter the dating scene again.

Bumble and Bumble Don’t Blow It – I’m not one to use many hair products but I am LOVING this one for air drying my hair nicely. Without it, my hair dries all weird and frizzy but now I actually have the confidence to wash and go and rock my natural wave.

FullSizeRender-3

This Cultish Workout Is All Over Your Social Media Feeds – But Is It Legit? Spoiler Alert: It’s BeachBody. I’m currently on my last week of the 21 Day Fix and it’s probably the 3rd or 4th BeachBody program I’ve tried. I’ve stayed away from the Shakeology, I’m not into the non-stop social media posting or the business side of things, but I do think that there are some great programs to help you kick off your fitness journey or reach your fitness goals.

That’s all for this month folks.

Tell me what you’re loving lately!

August 5, 2015 at 8:02 am

I’ve been wanting to try that Bumble & Bumble stuff, you’re the second good review I’ve heard which has convinced me I need it in my life.

August 5, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Yes you do!!

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    August 5, 2015 at 9:15 am

ugh that reminded me i have to pass on my fable tics this month and of COURSE there’s another problem. :(:(:(:(

August 5, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Whaaaaat! Why do you have such terrible luck with Fabletics! I’m sorry to hear that.

Tawnya Faust
    August 5, 2015 at 9:48 am

Oh yumm that coconut yogurt combination has me hungry! Love that Netflix is offering maternity leave, what a big step for our US friends. One of my girlfriend’s (from the US) posted about it and there were some negative comments on it… I think american’s are totally missing the boat on this one.

August 5, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Haha, definitely a winning combo!

It totally is a huge step for our American friends. I hope that more companies will start to follow suit. Those poor American mamas.

August 5, 2015 at 10:23 am

I have been on a Fabletics freeze lol! I have so many workout clothes but they make it hard to resist!
    I might need to try that Bumble and Bumble product! I almost bought it after you told me about it!

August 5, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Yes it’s good, I do recommend it. Spephora probably has sample sizes too.

Hahaha glad I’m not the only one who had to be put on a Fabletics freeze

August 5, 2015 at 10:52 am

These are the best kinds of posts!

COCONUT GREEK YOGURT —- FROM WHERE? I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!

August 5, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Yay! It’s always nice knowing people enjoy the regular features!

RIGHT?! Coconut Greek Yogurt is HEAVEN. It’s Liberte brand and I get it at my local Sobeys. It even comes in a 750g container too. Best.

Jade
    August 5, 2015 at 10:55 am

I almost passed this month as well on fab. The outfits weren’t too wow-y for me, but I still got one…

August 5, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Haha, it’s hard to hit that ‘skip’ button!

Kaella On The Run
    August 5, 2015 at 11:04 am

I need that Bumble and Bumble product!! My hair is so thick and frizzy if I leave it to air dry but I would love that option for the summer (especially on vacation!)

Also, I’ve been hearing so many good things about the 21 Day Fix! I’ll have to get your review when you’re here in a few weeks!! AHH!!

August 5, 2015 at 8:23 pm

It’s GREAT for summer days when you want something low maintenance. Definitely pick some up!

YAY! Countdown is on!

Mary
    August 5, 2015 at 11:25 am

Agreed on the Bumble & Bumble! So rare when a hair product actually does what it says it will. As for the coffee date… ???

August 5, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Right?! I’m glad you read it, I knew you’d get a kick out of it <3

Janelle
    August 5, 2015 at 11:37 am

the beachbody article is spot on! hahaha, i have done several beachbody programs as well and have people on my facebook who do them and are coaches and i feel like my newsfeed is over ran with it, part of me thinks its just another fad thing that will die out but the social media overload is insane when it come to how much they post about it.

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    August 5, 2015 at 11:41 am

That Bumble and Bumble stuff is my freaking favourite. I looooooove it!!
    Thanks for featuring my shoe post, friend 🙂

August 5, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Of course! xo

Brie
    August 6, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I *need* to try that B&B product! Both you and Ange have now said it’s awesome. I hate blowdrying my hair, but it looks like ass if I don’t. I had no idea Laura had a sister…who also blogged?! I haven’t read the Beach Body article yet, but off to do that now! Obviously, I’m a believer in the 21 Day Fix, but I’m still not sold on the shakeology even though I’m using it right now. I’m always leary of a product that is SO advertised.

Janelle @ Wholly Healthy
    August 6, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Just ordered a bunch of Fabletics stuff after skipping several months – I needed more summer workout wear!

August 7, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Which pieces did you get??

August 7, 2015 at 2:08 pm

thanks for the love, friend. wish you lived closer, too; but adore all your beautiful pics of your family exploring the mountains.

must be on the look out for the bumble and bumble – my hair is also frizzy and is a mess when I air dry it. But also, very strangely, seems to look greasy after a day when I let it air dry and stays nicer longer when I blow dry.

Loving coconut yougart, but don’t love the waxy bits of coconut in the Liberte one. I need to find a smooth one. Liberte lemon is a favourite of mine.

August 7, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Do you have a Sephora near by? That’s where I got mine, it’s a must have for sure!

My Liberte doesn’t have waxy bits? Well, the individual servings I get for Liam does, but the big tubs I get for myself does not. I should try lemon, I’m also intrigued by the coffee flavour! Have you tried it?

August 10, 2015 at 7:14 am

Sephora is about an hour away, but I’ll keep it in mind next time I’m in that area/that mall.
        GOOD TO KNOW about the yougart. I usually just buy the small ones and then remember the waxy bits and put it into a smoothie instead. Big tubs (which I prefer anyway) added to the grocery list.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    August 13, 2015 at 8:16 am

how are you just the sweetest person? thank you so much for the lovely words. it is so appreciated at a time that i’m having so much difficultly writing anything or being any sort of addition to society.

coconut yogurt is my jam, too! this morning i have strawberry greek yogurt with raspberries and granola. yum yum!

August 13, 2015 at 7:07 pm

It’s ok to have a bit of a writing break. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’ll get your groove again soon <3