Weekend Recap

July 27, 2015

Good morning friends. Welcome to another Monday.

We met up with Brie and Sully for a little play date at Imagination Grove since they were passing through town. I hadn’t met Sully yet and he is just as cute in person. It was so cute watching them play on the big slide together. Sully would wait in anticipation for Liam to come down, then giggle when he appeared at the bottom.  At one point while running back around to go up again Liam yelled out, “I’m coming for you Sully!”.

Imagination Grove

Saturday
After Liam’s dad picked him up, I was off to Lacombe for the Lacombe Half-Marathon. Stay tuned for my race recap tomorrow.

Mary and I went for celebratory brunch and mimosas (which I’m thinking will be our post-race ritual from now on) and then I headed downtown to meet up with Cassandra at Centre Fest, our annual street performer festival. We didn’t actually see any of the acts but ended up wandering to Cool Beans for some coffees and a visit before the storm hit.

I needed to keep moving because I knew if I took time to relax that I’d be done for the day. I hit up Best Buy to treat myself to a new running watch, and then home for groceries just in time to watch the crazy storm that rolled in. Intense, close lightening, heavy wind and a torrential downpour so heavy I could hardly see across the street. It was nuts. It didn’t last long and I was off putting away groceries and cleaning the condo.

I finally made it out to To The Lost, a new cocktail bar that opened up downtown that I’ve been eager to check out for a few weeks now. I was overwhelmed with drink choices but was recommended this amazing beer.

I figured that was enough of falling off the 21 Day Fix wagon (sorry, Brie) and went home to bed early.

It was probably not the best idea, but Mary and I met for our Sunday Runday date. It didn’t go well for me, since I had sore shins from the race and we ended up walking more than we ran. It was lovely to get out and start the day out with some fresh air and good company, even if I should have rested instead.

I went home and took a nice hot bubble bath, did some laundry, meal prep and a bit of blog work before going to pick up Liam. I found out today that his little best buddy is moving to Calgary which is so sad. We had them over for a play date and hope to get as much time in as we can before they go. The boys had way too much fun together, as always.

And that’s a wrap! Another weekend in the books. I’m looking forward to the long weekend coming up and am hoping to find a fun adventure for Liam and I. I originally thought there was a few of us meeting up in Waterton for the weekend, but turns out I’m a month early and it’s not until September long weekend. Whoops!

Hope you all have a great week!

What was the highlight of your weekend?

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    July 27, 2015 at 8:35 am

mm that beer! I started the 21 day fix extreme yesterday and there is NO WAY I can do the eating program with it..I was looking at the info that came with the DVDs and a sample day included 7 meals of cod? no thanks!

July 27, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Have you tried that beer? SO GOOD!

Were you looking at the 3 day refresh plan or whatever it’s called? Because that’s definitely NOT how fix eating plan is suppose to be. They do have a crazy three day plan that looks a lot like that if you want get super cut at the end. I couldn’t do 7 meals of fish and veggies in a day. Bleh.

Brie
    July 27, 2015 at 10:25 am

Aww, I just love the photos of the boys at Imagination Grove. Liam is so sweet and it’s nice to see an older toddler interact with my younger toddler 🙂 Thanks for meeting us!

I had beer this weekend too….but today is the start of a new week, so it’s all good 🙂

July 27, 2015 at 8:29 pm

We did so good last week, we deserved our beer!

Kaella On The Run
    July 27, 2015 at 12:01 pm

The boys are so cute together! It sounds like a great weekend and I was so pumped to get the text that you crushed your run (sorry, spoiler alert people haha!)

Let me know your thoughts on the Tom Tom too!

July 27, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Thanks babe!!

July 27, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Ah how fun that Sully and Liam got to play together! They are too cute 🙂 Congratulations again on your awesome race 🙂 what kind of watch did you get?

July 27, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Yes it was so fun to see them play together!

Thank you!! I got the TomTom! It was the cheapest one and had all the functions I wanted.

July 27, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Haha! I’m so excited for our Waterton meetup! Good friends, good hiking (good wine) in paradise? HURRY UP SEPT! No wait, I want summer to slow down.

The highlight of my weekend was celebrating ‘1 year’ with my love. We went out for a lovely dinner, took naps and enjoyed each others company. 🙂

July 27, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Obviously I was excited also, haha. Hopefully I can still make it a month from now!!

That’s so sweet! Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate.

Amber
    July 27, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Congrats on your half-marathon! Sounds like a great weekend. Can’t believe you also ran the day AFTER your half-marathon!

July 27, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Ah, I didn’t do the half. I only did 5k haha. Just the name of the race was the Lacombe Half-Marathon :/

July 27, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Imagination Grove is so fun! I only wish they had a smaller slide for little ones. You did awesome on Saturday, you deserve that watch! What did you get? And running Sunday too! Awesome! I did not run, maybe tomorrow lol.
    I keep forgetting it is the long weekend next weekend! I need to also find something to do. The Super Run is here, so we will go check that out for sure.

July 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I actually got the TomTom, same as Mary. I spent far too long in Best Buy and decided it had everything I needed for the cheapest price. If you guys want to get together on Friday, we’re totally free! I’m thinking maybe the Jungle Farm.

Jessie
    July 28, 2015 at 12:11 am

Memories with your cutie pie, running a half marathon & beer.. Sounds like the absolute perfect weekend to me :).

July 28, 2015 at 6:49 am

Definitely no complaints! Thank you for stopping by!

July 29, 2015 at 9:26 am

That grove looks so cool! You guys really have some awesome spots!! Great weekend as always. You always keep so busy.

July 29, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Another place to add to your visit to Red Deer!! 😉

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
    July 29, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Haha I don’t blame you for being early on the Sept meetup 😉 I can’t wait! And looks like your and Brie’s little guys had a ton of fun together!