What I’m Loving – July

July 1, 2015

First of all, Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!

canada_day_sparklers

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday! It’s kind of nice to have a day off mid-week and I kind of wish this was the norm! Liam and I are off to visit my parents to have a BBQ before coming home. I’m not brave enough to attempt taking him to see fireworks yet, so I’ll be sad to miss them.

How about what I’m loving lately?

11289739_10155620955415587_310916021_n

Beer. All the beer. Somewhere along the lines I went from hating beer, to become a craft beer snob. I’m not sure how that happened. Latest faves include Village Triplet, and the newly opened local craft brewery, Troubled Monk. Of course, you’ll find me sipping on a Stiegl Radler on a hot summer evening because what else screams summer? I really need to kick this habit because I’m certain I’m growing a beer belly and I need to get that under control.

This photo – it is one of my favourite moments with Liam to date and makes me so happy to look at. We both had so much fun paddling together and I can’t wait to take him again.

Kids of Working Moms Are Better Off

Fabletics – I know I’ve mentioned this before but I seriously love their stuff and I may soon need an intervention. I literally just received three pairs of crops and a tank in my last order and after tearing into the package I saw this preview of July outfits. So yeah, I’ll probably be ordering at least three more outfits by the time your done reading this because I can’t help myself.

Chief Stylist @GingerRessler shares a peek at what’s coming your way on the 1st.

A video posted by @fabletics on

If you’re not sure about Fabletics, quit hesitating and order your first outfit for only $25 here. TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS for a whole outfit of equal quality to that Lululemon crap you keep buying. Use my referral link and help me feed my addiction while you’re at it, at least it’s a healthy addiction!

Oh, so I’m kind of blonde now. I let my hairdresser have free reign of my hair. Last time I went in all she did were baby highlights in three different colours, blonde, caramel and red. I mentioned that I wasn’t a fan of the red and wouldn’t mind more blonde and this was the result. It’s amazing although I’m still getting used to it. Can you believe that is just from highlights with my natural colour!?

Yeah – a friend snapped a pic of this because it’s so me.

What The Eff Is Snapchat? – It’s really not just an app for teens to send dirty pictures. Ange breaks down what it’s all about. Follow me at ‘thebexfactor’.

Can we talk briefly about the lineup for X-Fest in Calgary? I’ll take a ticket to the Sunday as an early birthday present because Ellie Goulding and more importantly HOSIER! I need to go.

I bought these Sanuks Yoga Sling It On yesterday. I don’t own any flip flops anymore because the only pair I’ve ever owned that didn’t give me blister broke a year or two ago. These are made of super soft fabric and used yoga mats!! How perfect for a yogi nerd like me!

Have I mentioned how much I adore my Black Tourmaline from Dawn & Day Jewelry?  Not only is it gorgeous but black tourmaline helps protect again negative energy. You’ll be seeing me wear this often.

What are you loving lately?
Any fun plans for Canada Day?

KaellaOnTheRun
    July 1, 2015 at 6:32 am

Your hair looks amazing!!!

I agree, this middle-of-the-week day off is awesome! London and I are going to a nearby lake to take in some Canada Day festivities. I wish they started earlier though (12pm) so we
    could go before nap time. Oh well!

Enjoy your day love!

July 1, 2015 at 8:55 am

Thanks darling!

Sounds like a fun day! Enjoy!

Brie
    July 1, 2015 at 8:59 am

Ohh love your hair! Now give us a selfie! 🙂 Aw man, another app to suck up more of my time?! Haha! Have a great day off with Liam! And Happy Canada Day!

July 1, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Right? Along with my Fabletics intervention, I need an iPhone intervention.

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    July 1, 2015 at 9:19 am

I FINALLY got through to fabletics and they gave me a credit and two months of outfits for free. I just need to decide what to get…I skipped july because I’m still not sure..I can’t do patterned bottoms because they are not kind to my hips/booty!

July 1, 2015 at 7:53 pm

What was your issue with Fabletics again? That’s awesome that you got a credit and some outfits. There’s tons of cute non-patterned bottoms right now. I just love all the fun bright colours, the cut outs, the zippers! Gah. I want it all. Seriously, intervention me.

alycia
    July 1, 2015 at 1:46 pm

i think your hair looks great! mine is in desperate need of an intervention, but i’ve been lucky over the past 10 years, and my sis in law does it for free (shes a stylist/salon owner in calgary), and we just haven’t had a chance to do it over the past few months.

and can i just say steigl radler? YES PLEASE!

July 1, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Oooooh how nice is that to have a stylist in the family. I always hate the price tag at the end of a new do.

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona
    July 1, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Your hair is super cute! It’s always fun to get a great haircut. Having a day off in the middle of the week is kind of awesome. I wish I was outside doing something fun, but I’m catching up on some homework.

July 1, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Thank you!

Boo to homework on a holiday! Hope you managed to find a little fun today.

Jade
    July 2, 2015 at 11:00 am

I love love love love fabaletics. I do refrain myself to the outfit reveal days to get more, but man, they are really addicting and the quality I really love too. I started only a few months back as I wanted to replace my workout clothes and I have been doing it almost as fast as you!

July 3, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Glad I’m not the only addict!!

Amber
    July 3, 2015 at 8:49 am

I also went from hating beer to being a craft beer snob! And I also get a bit of a beer gut in the summers as that is when I really love to drink beer!

Your hair looks great!

July 3, 2015 at 8:21 pm

I’m glad I’m not alone in the beer department!

Thank you!

July 8, 2015 at 7:57 pm

LOVE your hair! I want to see more shots of it. I am so ordering Fabletics after this baby. Make sure you show us what you get!! I just started loving beer last summer. Even now a good non-alcoholic is hitting the spot! ha