A Damn Good Weekend Recap

June 28, 2015

What are the signs of a damn good weekend? When Liam and I come home sun kissed and exhausted on Sunday evening.

Liam’s dad ended up being home early and picked him up from the day home, so I was forced to abandon my plans to take Liam on an ice-cream-for-dinner date and to City Hall Park. Instead, I ran home and changed into my yoga gear for my third yoga in the park for the week. It was H-O-T and everyone had filled the shady spots before I got there. I just embraced the weather and set up in the full sun for one sweaty practice. It was glorious.

Afterwards, I took advantage of the kid free time to run some errands: finding varnish to refinish my kitchen chairs, a barbell set from Costco to go with Les Mills Pump that I just got in the mail, and finishing up with some take out and beer.

Don’t worry, I only drank one beer while watching Suits before calling it a night and going to bed.

Saturday
I was so excited for the opportunity to finally SLEEP IN! Do you think it happened? Nope. I woke up every half hour starting at 5:30 until I finally gave in and got up at 8 to get ready for a hot trip to the market.

Keeping with the theme of non-produce market purchases:

marketfinds

A succulent to go in the cute little cup Cassandra brought back from her last vacation, and floral harem pants that fit me more like leggings with giant pockets, but I don’t care because they’re super soft and comfy and adorable.

After there market I made a quick grocery store trip to stock up on the weekly goods because going home to get gussied up for a co-workers wedding. It was an intimate backyard wedding and they couldn’t have chosen a more beautiful afternoon to hold it.

After the ceremony I went to lay in front of a fan in bed for a couple hours until heading to some another co-workers house for a BBQ before we all headed down to the reception. I didn’t stay out too late since I knew I wanted to be up and ready fairly early for a day at the lake with my family.

I actually managed to sleep in a little bit better, waking up every hour at 6. I think I could have continued dozing for a few hours but dragged my butt up around 8 to get ready for the day and wait for Liam to come home.

As soon as Liam was home, we headed straight to the lake and spent the entire day outside having far too much fun. Liam’s come a long way there, going from being afraid of the water, to running right in to splash and swim. We spent the day digging in the sand, visiting puppies, splashing each other, swimming, riding in the tube and even paddle boarding. Liam was so great on the paddle board. He just sat right at my feet the whole time and loved every minute of it. It was the perfect day and I can’t wait to do it all over again.

IMG_1147SylvanLake
We both came home more than a little sun-kissed (me more than Liam) and extremely exhausted (Liam more than me), but my heart is so ridiculously full of love and memories from such a fun day with Liam.

Tell me the highlight of your weekend?
Ever try SUP?

PS Don’t forget to enter to win a free Spartan Race anywhere in Canada!

KaellaOnTheRun
    June 28, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Awe, your title made me smile! It sounds like we both had great weekends! I love seeing London having fun because it makes me happy too! Liam looks so happy on the board!! Love it!

June 29, 2015 at 6:59 am

I know!! Liam had so much fun yesterday and it made my heart so happy to just do nothing but play in the sunshine with him. These are the best days that make this parenting journey so worth it!!

June 29, 2015 at 7:32 am

I’m going to SUP today!!! I’m so excited. After reading your post, I feel like we’re soul mates. Bodypump, grapefruit radler (I literally chug that stuff), SUP, not being able to sleep in (I was awake at 5am this morning – ugh). #SOULSISTERS

June 29, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Heck ya! #SOULSISTER!

I hope you LOVED SUP! I can’t wait to hear/read about it!

June 29, 2015 at 8:29 am

what an amazing weekend! it poured all weekend here so I enjoyed some R&R on Saturday and then went to visit/ended up spending the whole day yesterday with my grandma. low key and so dreary but a great weekend

June 29, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Oooh that actually sounds lovely too.

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    June 29, 2015 at 9:07 am

I need to get to water soon to try SUP! I think this weekend I drank 3 radlers- those things are dangerous when you’re enjoying sunny weather!!

June 29, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Hot days = all the radlers. Perfect combo.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    June 29, 2015 at 9:38 am

yay SUP! i need you to take me to this glorious market to find all of the amazing non-produce products.

June 29, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Heck yeah I will! Come up here one day. We’ll market and then SUP!

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    June 29, 2015 at 10:16 am

I’ve been DYING to try SUP forever and have yet to actually find a place and be organized enough to do it. Hopefully one day!

June 29, 2015 at 7:38 pm

You should come up here and we can go!

Brie
    June 29, 2015 at 10:45 am

I’m thinking (based on everyone’s comments) that we NEED to plan a blogger SUP day! Then you can show us the ropes and get us hooked 😉 What a fun weekend you had! And I’m totally starting to get what you mean when you say you love seeing for your kid happy and having fun. Sully is now at such a fun stage and just loving life which is making me love life more too 🙂 Yay for toddlers!

June 29, 2015 at 7:35 pm

I like the sounds of that!!

Isn’t it the best thing? It really gives parenthood its meaning!

June 29, 2015 at 12:54 pm

What an awesome weekend!! Glad you had some YOU time – boo to not being able to stay sleeping – and some lake fun! LOVE the pic of you 2 on the SUP. So cute.

June 29, 2015 at 7:26 pm

SUP together was the best part of the weekend hands down!

June 29, 2015 at 2:55 pm

I’ve never tried SUP yet despite being so many places where it was offered. Next time I swear!

June 29, 2015 at 9:27 pm

What a fun weekend you had! I want to come to your market- it always sounds so awesome every time you post about it. Love the picture of you and Liam on the SUP!

Amber
    June 29, 2015 at 10:36 pm

That photo of Liam on the paddleboard with you is way too cute!!! What an awesome day. And I love the title of this post by the way.

I also spent my weekend by water but it was by my mom’s pool not a lake! It was insanely hot this weekend here so being by the water was 100% necessary!