Weekend Recap

June 22, 2015

Let’s just get right to this recap, shall we?

My Friday delights started at noon when I snuck away from work to hit up my favourite lunch time yoga class. It was a juicy flow and left me sweating. My favourite part? Having enough space to go into headstand. I don’t usually go into it in class when given the option, because I’m terrible of tumbling over and creating a domino affect.

It was an early pickup at the day home so Liam and I headed to the mall to get some errands done. I got conned into buying Liam a new hat and a Big Hero 6 t-shirt. Of course, no trip to the mall is complete without a smoothie. After a couple weeks of a sick and cranky toddler, I was sure that this trip would end up with a huge meltdown but I’m happy to report that didn’t happen! I had hoped we’d have time to hit up Sunnybrook Farm to say hi to the animals but they had just closed when we got there. Instead we went home to play until dinner time.

The evening was spent drinking beer (I got another growler delivery!) and catching up on emails. Thrilling, right?

June19

Saturday
Breakfast and cartoons before we headed off to the market. It was a pretty great morning for browsing the market. I ended up buying a new Spiritual Gangster pullover for 30% off. I’m pretty sure I’m the queen of buying everything but produce at the market these days.

MarketJune20

Delano's4thbirthday

After the market we killed a bit of time at home before going to one of Liam’s little friends birthday party. It happened that the birthday party was during Liam’s regular nap time. He managed to get through it all with no meltdown but was looking super drained in the car on the ride home. I asked if he was tired and he said no minutes before falling asleep. I successfully transferred him into bed and prepped dinner until having to wake him up.

I spent the evening catching up on an episode of Homeland Season 4 and working through my growler.

Our Father’s Day plans fell through due to illness (not Liam’s for once). We headed to a park for playtime and a Sunday run before joining our friends for breakfast out. It was a lovely morning.

We made a quick stop at the grocery store and then over to Sunnybrook Farm to see the animals and play at the playground there. Liam’s day home donated their backyard chickens to this farm so Liam was excited to go say hi.

SunnybrookFarm

I was hoping to fit in a nap when Liam went down but he had other plans for me and fought nap time hard. Womp. I even told him we’d go for ice cream if he slept a little bit, but no luck. Double womp. Then I thought I could get away with napping while he was playing in his bed, but that only lasted a few minutes before he appeared at my bedside claiming to be done not-napping.

We watched one of the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies before supper, which was fitting since my dad not-so-secretly has always loved the Chipmunks. Liam loved the movie and said he didn’t want it to end. Bed time came early due to the lack of napping, he was out before 7pm! That meant lots of time for mama to shower and get to bed early too.

What was the highlight of your weekend?
Do anything special for Father’s Day?

June 22, 2015 at 7:33 am

I was camping this weekend so that was awesome. I didn’t do anything for fathers day, going to see him next weekend.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    June 22, 2015 at 8:44 am

as if your market has spiritual gangster stuff. i really want their navy and gold hamsa pull over but i could do without $80 for it.

super cute/fun weekend you had. i called my dad yesterday and chatted for a bit while he was a lunch with my sis.

June 22, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Haha yes! Our Bikram Yoga studio always sets up a booth at the market and they retail SG. I scored my pullover for $45! SG is always worth the splurge.

June 22, 2015 at 9:24 am

It was nice to see you guys for a bit at the market! I am bad for not looking much except at what I need, we really try and get in and out of there. lol.
    Glad the party went well, nap time activities are always touchy!
    Highlight of our weekend? Probably visiting friends and seeing Avery at the little petting zoo Saturday.
    We made Chad waffles for brunch and then had Chad’s Dad and Stepmom for supper for Father’s Day 🙂

Alycia
    June 22, 2015 at 10:34 am

Cute photos of Liam at the party!! Looks like you had a great weekend!! 🙂

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    June 22, 2015 at 11:01 am

growler + delivery = best thing ever. we didn’t do anything special for FD but i spoiled Tyler rotten with gifts since it’s his first one

June 22, 2015 at 8:28 pm

No complaints about growler deliveries whatsoever. Although I may be complaining when my beer belly grows…

Brie
    June 22, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I can’t even remember what we did on Saturday! Good thing I don’t do weekend recaps haha! 😉 For Father’s Day we went downtown where Jim showed us his office at work and then we walked all around Princes Island Park and along the river. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love that you always get out to the market every Saturday! (Wish you were coming to run the colour run next weekend!)

June 23, 2015 at 7:36 pm

I wish I was coming too!! It’s going to be so much fun for you guys! I’ll live vicariously through the photos!

Tawnya Faust
    June 22, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Sounds like a great weekend!! It’s seriously the worst when you just want to take a nap during nap time and they don’t want to nap… It’s always the time when they decide they’re not tired too!

June 22, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Sounds like you had a fun weekend minus the little cutie who didn’t want to nap! I swear Amelia always has a super short nap when I want one or if I think she won’t sleep long and don’t nap myself then she has a long one. We didn’t do anything special for Father’s Day

June 23, 2015 at 7:36 pm

That’s the unwritten rule of kids I think!!

Nicole
    June 23, 2015 at 6:50 am

Great weekend, despite no napping on Sunday. Liam looks so cute drinking that big smoothie!

Yay for yoga and head stands!!! I need to get back to yoga- my body and mind misses it!

June 23, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Yoga is definitely a great tool for us moms!