Weekend Recap

June 1, 2015

I’m drafting this Sunday night and let’s face it, I’m exhausted so let’s just jump right in!

Friday Liam ended up going to Layne’s moms again, so he wasn’t dropped off until after his bed time. He was so exhausted. I felt so guilty that he’d been bounced around all week due to his cold and we hadn’t had much quality time together, so I let him curl up in my bed. I just really wanted to be close to him. I spent my night reading in bed while he snored away beside me and I wouldn’t have asked for anything else for my Friday night.

Saturday
I woke up with a pair of feet in my face and shortly after, to a giggling little boy. I wouldn’t say I was rested, that’s for sure. We spent the morning testing out the new wagon at the farmer’s market before Liam’s swimming lessons.

IMG_1870Someone found our picture on Twitter, randomly.

The market ended up in a meltdown for some reason, I’m guessing just because Liam’s been overtired. We were almost late for lessons. Layne met us at the pool and took Liam swimming and I watched. I hit the road after lessons on my way to spend the rest of the weekend in Calgary.

First stop was the Calgary Marathon expo to pick up my race package. I had met Leigh there and we hung out for a bit before heading to Famoso for lunch, where Brie joined us. It was a lovely get together with those ladies, although we’re all bad bloggers and didn’t take any photos.

After lunch, I made my way to my grandma’s for a visit. We did a bit of shopping (I bought Liam and I new Converse sneakers. I think we might have a shoe problem… ) before having dinner at Milestones. Of course, the night before a race is as good of an excuse as any to order a big bowl of pasta and a beer so I indulged in the butternut squash ravioli. So good. It wasn’t long after dinner that I went to bed since my alarm was going off stupid early.

Race day! My grandma was so sweet and set out everything I needed for breakfast as well as some change for the train.

I coordinated with Brie so we could be on the same train to head down to the Stampede Grounds where the race was starting. It was the perfect day to run, just cool enough starting out and not warming up too hot. I’ll recap the full race soon.

We stuck around for a bit to meet up with some other blog friends before taking the train back. Grandma and I enjoyed lunch on the Earl’s patio before I headed for home. I made a quick stop at my favourite store in Calgary, Blame Betty, but didn’t find as much as I had hoped. Always the way it goes when I’m shopping, when I have money to spend, I can’t but when I’m broke I find all the things.

I went and picked Liam up shortly after getting and we went straight to the ice cream shop for our Sunday treat. We happened to run into some other friends there as well which was nice timing.

While I was in Calgary, Liam was making friends with a lamb that he wanted to keep. It’s just too cute for words.

Hope you all had a great weekend as well!

June 1, 2015 at 8:01 am

Great to see you this weekend even briefly! Looking forward to reading your race recap.

June 1, 2015 at 10:04 am

It was nice to run into you Sat am! That is SO cute that your Grandma set that up for you 🙂 Is the lamb at Layne’s Mom’s? Adorable pic!
    You are awesome for rocking two 10km races this month!

June 1, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Haha, my grandma is the best.
      The lamb was at Layne’s friends place. I’m surprised it didn’t end up coming home with Layne.

Thank you!! It was a little crazy but I’m happy I survived!

June 1, 2015 at 5:16 pm

It was great to see you this weekend! I love that your grandma left breakfast out for you…so cute!

June 1, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Isn’t she adorable? She takes good care of me.

Brie
    June 1, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Awww your Grandma is so sweet! And that photo of Liam with the lamb – cutest thing ever! And I hear ya – you never find anything when you actually need to or have the money -Murphy’s Law, I swear! 😉

June 1, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Grandma is the best!
      I think I’m going to have to live on a farm later in life because Liam will be the kid bringing all the animals home, I’m sure of it!

Amber
    June 1, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! Your grandma is so sweet setting breakfast out for you! That is funny you randomly found your picture on Twitter haha.

Nicole
    June 2, 2015 at 7:39 am

Liam looks so little snuggled up on your bed! We take all the snuggles we can get now!

Sounds like you had a great weekend in Calgary! Hopefully next time we get a chance to meet up- so hard to fit everything in.

Part of the reason why I didn’t do this race is that I did not want to get up that early!! It’s such an early start!

June 2, 2015 at 8:29 pm

I know, he looked so sweet in there. Not something we do everyday but worth it for the extra snuggles.

It was such a fantastic weekend. I need to come spend like a week in Calgary so I can see everyone and do everything!!

June 2, 2015 at 10:01 am

Ok your Gramma is the cutest!! How sweet. Sounds like an awesome weekend. I am so sad I missed you.

June 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm

She’s the best! We will make a plan to get together soon!

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    June 2, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Awesome grandma for setting up the morning essentials!

June 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm