Weekend Recap

May 25, 2015

Can we take a minute to thank Mother Nature for the beautiful weather this weekend? It was much needed after a long winter and a cold and windy spring so far. Summer is definitely right around the corner!

Liam came down with another cold and had to spend the day with his other grandma. He didn’t end up getting home until after his bed time. I followed shortly after since I was battling a bit of muscle strain, likely from last weekend’s 10k. Exciting life I lead, right? I was fairly tired anyways since Liam woke up at 5am. I told him that 5am was too early to wake up and that if he was done sleeping, he needed to go play quietly in his bed. Next thing I know, he’s pulling his piano out into the hallway and playing me a nice little tune. I couldn’t even be made because it was so funny but damn those 5am wakeups are no fun.

Saturday
Since Liam had no nap at his grandma’s and a late bedtime the day before, he slept in until 7 (yes, this is sleeping in these days). I was actually awake before him since my body is no programmed to wake up at 6am. Thanks kid. I heard him wake up and then sure enough, he pulled his piano back into the hallway. This time he said, ” I wake you up with my piano”. Isn’t this what every woman wants, to be serenaded in the morning?

We ate breakfast and got ready to head off to swimming lessons. Layne was home and met as at the pool to swim with Liam and I stuck around to watch. Once they were done, I headed off to meet some friends at the market. It was packed since the beautiful weather brought everyone down. I was definitely a sweaty mess by the time I left. I headed home for a quick outfit change and to freshen up for a wedding shower I was off to. I made a quick stop at the mall to pick up a gift and managed to score a pretty sweet deal on a wagon for Liam. I’ve been trying to search for a wagon small enough to fit in my trunk, since condo living doesn’t leave much room for storage. The only wagon that would work was a canvas, folding wagon that was basically the Rolls Royce of wagons with a $280 price tag. No thanks. But I happened to pop into Toys R Us and that wagon was on sale for $199 so I bought it without hesitation.

It fits so nicely into my trunk, with enough room for Liam’s bike and scooter too. No more stroller for us and I can’t say I’ll be sad the day I sell it. That thing was a beast.

Anyways, enough wagon talk. I left the mall and headed to the bridal shower, and then off to a local bar for duelling pianos for the stagette. I didn’t stay out too late since frankly I was exhausted but I’m glad I was able to join in the special day.

Because pink lipstick and florals is as good excuse as any for a selfie, right?

I was up early for Sunday Runday with Mary. It was so nice driving through the still city with the window down in the morning. After our run I made a quick stop for an iced Americano before coming home for a shower and heading out for the day again. I met my parents at a nearby greenhouse and picked out some plants for my balcony. I have some flowers, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, plus some herbs. I’m hoping to find a few more additions at the farmer’s market in the coming weeks to fill up my little balcony garden.

We stopped by the lake to have lunch with my aunt and uncle. They had invited me to do some paddle boarding but it ended up being fairly windy and we decided not to go out. I’m pretty excited for the opportunity to go in the coming months though! I loved paddle boarding out on the ocean in Hawaii and have been itching to go again. I eventually made my way back to the city to get some groceries before Liam came home. He helped me plant everything while supper cooked on the bbq, which made for a dirt covered balcony. Worth it. I hope he will be excited to watch things grow!

And that’s a wrap!

What was the highlight of your weekend?

May 25, 2015 at 8:45 am

You look awesome! Love the dress and lip color! Hot stuff. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Very productive! Hope you can get out paddle boarding soon. It’s one of my fav things to do at the lake!

May 25, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Thank you!!

I know, I’ve been dying to SUP since I went in Hawaii but it’s kind of hard to just go rent one with a toddler haha. I’m so happy my family bought some so I have built in babysitters when I steal their boards to go :p

May 25, 2015 at 9:10 am

I love that he plays the little piano for sure! So cute.
    I love your dress by the way 🙂 I never thought I would like florals but I am loving them!
    I am excited to go paddle boarding this year at the yoga retreat, I have never been before.
    It was such a nice weekend, I am hoping that trend continues!

May 25, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Yup, my tiny musician. He has a piano, drums and guitar (ukulele)
      I never thought I would like florals either but I happen to be picking up more and more.

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    May 25, 2015 at 10:49 am

Love that he wanted to wake you up with his piano! And that wagon is cute!

May 25, 2015 at 8:11 pm

He’s such a goof!
      Thank you!

May 25, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Haha oh Liam! I love his personality. You look fabulous in the dress/lipstick picture 🙂

May 25, 2015 at 8:10 pm

He’s a character alright!

Thank you!

Nicole
    May 25, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I love how Liam serenaded you with the piano! Although early in the AM might not be most appreciated!!

Loved the weather this weekend! I wish we could request that for every weekend until…October?

Love the wagon! We have a wooden one and I am not a fan… takes up way too much room. A folding canvas one would have been much better.

May 25, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Haha, no early morning serenades are not ideal, but there’s nothing to do but laugh!

Yeah, a big wagon was just not an option so I’m really happy I found mine on sale.

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    May 25, 2015 at 4:19 pm

What a cute top!
    7am is sleeping in when you have a cat too. Somehow he’s learned how to tell time and wakes me up at 6:40 every dang day.

May 25, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Ah man – so I guess I can’t be too jealous of you without kids hey?! It’s a maxi dress actually!! Gorgeous right? And on sale!!

Kaella
    May 26, 2015 at 10:25 am

You look gorgeous (as always) in that selfie!!! I love the pink lip!

I would love to have a little garden some day but I wouldn’t know where to start. I’m sure London would definitely be on board though.

PS I don’t know if you can get time off but I just bought London and I tickets to go see the Lion King on Thursday, Sept 2nd (the afternoon show) so we’ll be in Calgary that day if you want to come or meet up for a morning/afternoon playdate 🙂

May 26, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Thank you!!

I think you start with a chunk of dirt and some plants. I’m no expert though 😉

I’ll check my calendar. Random day during the week isn’t ideal but it would be so fun!