Family Random

Mother’s Day Wishlist

May 7, 2015

Let’s face it, Liam is 2.5 years old and doesn’t understand what Mother’s Day is yet. I’m sure the time will come for construction paper cards and macaroni art. That doesn’t mean I can’t dream of what I could receive in the mean time, does it? Of course when it comes down to it, I want nothing more than time spent with my son and my own mom, but a girl can dream and have some fun, right?

Mother's Day Wishlist 2015

1. Garmin Forerunner  – I think it’s a necessary accessory for any ‘runner’ (quotations because I still don’t truly view myself as a runner), but a Garmin would make my life so much easier while I’m pretending.

2. Uninterrupted sleep for as many hours as I choose. Because at this point I feel like I could sleep forever and still not feel rested.

3. More hours in a day. Even better, unlimited hours in a day. Because there just aren’t enough hours to do everything. Ever.

4. A Me Day. To go to a yoga class, for a float, maybe to the spa for pampering and then out with my friends for dinner and drinks with no guilt about the work that’s left to be done or spending time away from Liam.

5. A vacation. I don’t care where it is, or who it’s with, just send me away from reality for awhile.

6. A clean house. I recently cashed in a gift card for a maid service to have a deep cleaning done. It felt so good to come home to a sparkling clean house, I want it all the time.

7. Someone else to do the cooking. My number one most hated thing, meal planning, prepping and cooking. No thanks. I just want to open my fridge and pull out healthy and delicious meals. Bonus: my toddler will eat them without hesitation.

8. These shoes and tickets to X-Fest.

9. A giant supply of Lush bubble bars.

10.  A new house. With three bedrooms, a garage with a treadmill and squat rack and a backyard for Liam. Bonus: all that and a basement suite for my parents to live so I can have built in babysitters without actually having to live with my parents again.

A girl can dream, right?

In reality, the real gift is having such an amazing woman for a mom and being so lucky to be the mom of one of the sweetest little humans I know. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

If you could have anything, what would your wish be?

May 7, 2015 at 9:04 am

I would take the uninterrupted sleep for sure! Or not to have to change diapers for a day. That’d be nice too. So would a beach somewhere if I’m being really selfish 🙂

May 7, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Yeah the diaper thing would be nice but I don’t hate it as much as I should yet.

May 7, 2015 at 9:40 am

I told Chad all I want is a family day and NO cooking! Oh and a yoga pass 😉 hehe

May 7, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Sounds like a fantastic thing to ask for to me!!

May 7, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I really admire Moms. Seriously, hardest job in the world. Big props to you, my friend.

I want everything on this wishlist too. Except minus the house with the parents living in the basement – no thanks. I love my family and all, but my Mom annoys me after 5 mins. Hahahaha
    Kidding. Kind of….

My wishlist includes a vacation (I haven’t been on one in 3 years), a million dollar gift card to lululemon, a new pair of Mizuno running shoes and a spa day.

May 7, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Haha, that’s why I said basement suite. Totally separate. I may change my mind if I was actually in the situation but right now it seems like a good idea lol.

Love your wishlist!

Tawnya Faust
    May 7, 2015 at 9:52 pm

GIRL you dream big. I love it! Hope you have a happy mother’s day 🙂 XO

May 8, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Hey go big or go home, right? That’s why they’re called dreams :p

Nicole
    May 7, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Yup I want all those things on your list! You certainly deserve them! I actually told J I just want a family run and breakfast for Mother’s Day. I still need to use my spa gift card from Christmas. We have been getting the house cleaned once a month and it’s amazing. I just wish it stayed clean longer than 5 minutes… I think guilt free me time is the highest thing on my wish list!

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    May 8, 2015 at 1:54 pm

SLEEP! Or diamonds. Or stretchy pants. Or all the passes to all the fitness classes. 🙂

May 11, 2015 at 10:30 am

You deserve to dream big!