Let’s face it, Liam is 2.5 years old and doesn’t understand what Mother’s Day is yet. I’m sure the time will come for construction paper cards and macaroni art. That doesn’t mean I can’t dream of what I could receive in the mean time, does it? Of course when it comes down to it, I want nothing more than time spent with my son and my own mom, but a girl can dream and have some fun, right?
1. Garmin Forerunner – I think it’s a necessary accessory for any ‘runner’ (quotations because I still don’t truly view myself as a runner), but a Garmin would make my life so much easier while I’m pretending.
2. Uninterrupted sleep for as many hours as I choose. Because at this point I feel like I could sleep forever and still not feel rested.
3. More hours in a day. Even better, unlimited hours in a day. Because there just aren’t enough hours to do everything. Ever.
4. A Me Day. To go to a yoga class, for a float, maybe to the spa for pampering and then out with my friends for dinner and drinks with no guilt about the work that’s left to be done or spending time away from Liam.
5. A vacation. I don’t care where it is, or who it’s with, just send me away from reality for awhile.
6. A clean house. I recently cashed in a gift card for a maid service to have a deep cleaning done. It felt so good to come home to a sparkling clean house, I want it all the time.
7. Someone else to do the cooking. My number one most hated thing, meal planning, prepping and cooking. No thanks. I just want to open my fridge and pull out healthy and delicious meals. Bonus: my toddler will eat them without hesitation.
8. These shoes and tickets to X-Fest.
9. A giant supply of Lush bubble bars.
10. A new house. With three bedrooms, a garage with a treadmill and squat rack and a backyard for Liam. Bonus: all that and a basement suite for my parents to live so I can have built in babysitters without actually having to live with my parents again.
A girl can dream, right?
In reality, the real gift is having such an amazing woman for a mom and being so lucky to be the mom of one of the sweetest little humans I know. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
If you could have anything, what would your wish be?