What I’m Loving Lately

May 6, 2015

Happy hump day! Wow what a crazy week already. Last night I had a 2.5 hour condo AGM and came out to some crazy election results since Alberta had it’s provincial election. All I’ll say is that it will be interesting to see what changes come from the NDP. Crazy to think that we’ve had a PC government for longer than my parents have been eligible to vote. Politics, one topic that is never discussed here!

Moving on…

How about that new Mumford and Sons album? Thoughts? I wasn’t sure about the new sound. I do miss the banjo, since that’s what made them THEM. However I still dig the album and appreciate the comments made in this article from BBC.

Why Finnish Babies Sleep In Cardboard Boxes – I LOVE this program and think it should be adopted worldwide!

Big Hero 6 is the new Frozen.

6 Words That Will End Picky Eating – This is Liam 100%. I will write a post on toddler eating habits soon.

Fabletics – I’ve talked about this company after placing my first order. I’ve ordered another outfit that I love just as much. It’s such great quality for a much better price tag than Lulu. I’m currently waiting for my third order to arrive. I highly recommend checking it out if you’re in the market for some new activewear.

Fibralogy

I received these new hair products through Influenster. The L’Oreal Fibrology line uses innovative technology to make your hair thicker. No joke, this stuff actually works. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and definitely notice that my poor little ponytail is actually a bit bigger, to the point where I’ve stretched my hair elastic out too much! I admit I was skeptical but I do notice a difference after washing.

Since we’re on the topic of hair…

Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-powder Dry Shampoo Powder 2 oz – This is my new favourite dry shampoo product. I shake a little on my roots before I go to bed so I don’t have to shower my overly greasy hair everyday. I like this better than colour specific shampoos since I currently have a few different colours in my hair.

Also, that photo background? Just a painting from my baby Picasso. I’m pretty close to having enough paintings for his own art show. My fridge is full of paintings, the walls of my house are collecting more framed paintings and I even have them framed on my desk at the office. Maybe I’m just a crazy mama, but I really love seeing what he creates.

57 Things I Think In Barre Class

COOL BEANS IS OPEN AGAIN!  Liam is a big fan of the fresh baking and I’m a big fan of the new coffee. We try to stop in weekly at least. Pretty soon the rest of the food trucks will be hitting the streets. Ah, summer! Head on over to my Facebook page to see how you can win a gift pack from Cool Beans!

Apparently there’s another baby boom happening. Congrats to Alison and Alycia on the recent announcements of their new additions on the way!

1_226055_FS

I NEED these shoes. Immediately.

Yoga Is For Every Body: Man Challenges Preconceptions, Gains Self-Esteem

What are you loving lately?

Disclaimer: I received the Fibralogy products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona
    May 6, 2015 at 8:19 am

I loved Big Hero 6! My boyfriend and I watched it and we both thought it was pretty funny.

May 6, 2015 at 7:29 pm

It’s so cute. My son watches it at least once a week and I’m still giggling at it.

May 6, 2015 at 8:30 am

Liam’s most recent painting is FABULOUS! That one would be spectacular framed with a really big white mat.

May 6, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I thought so too! It will probably happen soon.

May 6, 2015 at 8:49 am

Stop – he painted that?! I LOVE it. Totally frame it. It’s beautiful. I may hire him for something for the nursery. I’m not joking!!
    I am totally going to try that dry shampoo – where do you get it? i use baby powder every morning! ha ha
    And thank you for the congrats, you are too sweet.

May 6, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Haha I’m sure he would be happy to paint something! Just let us know what colors! Honestly, his paintings are so cool I can’t get rid of any of them. I just have a stack that grows every week. He’s only two, I don’t know what I will do with his artwork once he gets to grade school!!

laura @ scribbles and sass
    May 6, 2015 at 9:02 am

i love that painting. totally worthy of a canvas hung on the wall! way to go Liam.

also, sweet girl, thanks for sharing my link.

May 6, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Oh course my friend *kisses*

May 6, 2015 at 10:04 am

There is a huge baby boom! Right now I know 10 people expecting from August to November!
    I need to try that dry shampoo, I use dry shampoo every other day (when I do not wash my hair).
    I won’t comment on politics too much but it will be a huge change! Sadly, people aren’t realizing that it is only that, and that there will still be cuts and tax increases. The NDP aren’t wizards to make it all go away 😉

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    May 6, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Love his painting! So good for backdrops 🙂 I’m a former converse junkie- Chuck Taylors were my RELIGION in high school

May 6, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Its been a few years since I’ve had a pair of Chuck’s but Liam’s already been through a couple pairs so mama needs to catch up!

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    May 6, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Yes and yes to Fibrology and Pret-a-powder, they’re both so awesome!

And the painting! Love!!

Jade
    May 7, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Big Hero 6 is definitely the new Frozen. My kid loves doing the fist bump and then the ‘blah la la la la’. I liked that article about picky eaters as our first is exactly like the kid described he is just so picky and adamant about what he will or will not eat. I make wonderful suppers that he will not touch and then I get frustrated about it but still cave in and give him whatever. I’m book marking that article!

Kaella
    May 8, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I have that dry shampoo and love it! I refuse to wash my hair, more than twice a week, so I rely on dry shampoo 😛

ALycia
    May 14, 2015 at 8:16 am

I totally read that article about picky eating. I’m not sure how well it works with Palmer. We are really struggling with supper time lately. Like every night, she wont eat, she wont sit still. Its a disaster.

I should look into that dry shampoo. I haven’t found one I love.I have actually gotten to the point though, that I can make it a solid 5 days without washing (that sounds more gross than it actually is!!! 🙂 )

May 14, 2015 at 9:17 pm

I plan to do a post about Liam’s eating habits because he’s the same way at dinner. I’ve stopped pushing it. He gets what he gets, he can eat it or not but he doesn’t get anything else until it’s done. If he chooses to play instead of eat he can get down from the table and let everyone else finish eating.

5 days without washing!! That’s awesome. I can do three but that third day is pretty sketchy so I usually wash every other day. Would love to wash once a week some day, I just don’t know how to get to that point gracefully hahaha