I’m Alive, Barely!

April 12, 2015

Oh hey there. Just checking in to let you know that I’m alive. Did you miss me? If you hadn’t noticed, I was MIA since Easter weekend. Liam had a snotty nose throughout the long weekend, which he so kindly passed along to everyone else in the house. Except the adult version was much worse than a snotty nose. I had taken Monday off work to stay home with Liam since his day home was closed. Tuesday I called in sick to work in which Liam exclaimed ‘I really like this day’. I’m glad he was enjoying his sick day. I was feeling pretty gross. Wednesday, Liam went to his other grandma’s house and I attempted to go back to work, where I just went downhill. By Thursday I was a mess and ended up leaving work early and going straight to bed, where I stayed until Saturday morning. Everything hurt, I felt like my brain was on fire and my face was going to explode. It was basically the worst. Luckily Liam’s dad came home early and picked Liam up Friday morning so I could have some time to just lay in bed and wait for my impending death. I did miss having his little face look at me and say ‘Don’t be sick, mom. Just be happy.’ He’s some kind of sweet. Here I am on Sunday, a little more human, but still not over it. Worst.

On top of suffering from whatever illness I had, I was majorly suffering from FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). I missed my regular routine, I missed working out, I missed Art Battle, I missed Amie’s baby shower, I missed Saturday morning yoga and Sunday Runday. I’ve had my fill of bad Netflix movies and naps and am ready for the real world again.

I appreciate all the texts and tweets offering deliveries of anything I needed. You’re all super sweet and I love you. <3

Tawnya Faust
    April 12, 2015 at 5:22 pm

I had no idea you were so sick! We were battling something over here this week too, it was the WORST!! Hope you’re on the mend ASAP! xo

April 13, 2015 at 8:26 pm

You guys too!! xo!

Nicole
    April 12, 2015 at 10:34 pm

🙁 that sucks Becky! Why is the parent’s case always so much worse? Hope this week gets off to a better start. No more sickness!

April 13, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Fingers crossed once this lingering cold is gone, we are done with sickness until next fall. Or you know, forever.

Melea
    April 12, 2015 at 11:45 pm

i got the flu and missed 5 days of work, everything hurt and it was all too bright, I started to feel better and then got a cold for my troubles. This has been the worst year on record for me. Feel better!

April 13, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Yup, that about sounds like what I had. Awful. Sorry you suffered through that. Hopefully it’s all over with so we can enjoy summer!

jen @nutcaseinpoint
    April 13, 2015 at 7:35 am

glad you’re on the upswing! Those colds that take you out for a while are the WORST.

April 13, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Seriously the worst. Luckily that doesn’t happen often, maybe once a year. The rest of the time I can fight off the bugs before they amount to anything.

April 13, 2015 at 8:32 am

I am SO sorry you are sick. I have missed you!! I hope this week you feel 100% better. I HATE missing out!! Take care of you!! xo

April 13, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I’ve missed everyone too! I wasn’t commenting on blogs or writing but I was still reading in between naps, haha.

April 13, 2015 at 8:38 am

Glad you are feeling better! I know there is some nasty stuff going around. I was sick a couple weeks ago but pounded Elderberry and kicked it in a couple days –> that stuff is magical 😉

April 13, 2015 at 8:23 pm

I forgot you told me about Elderberry. I should try that, it’s in Liam’s immune boost!

Brie
    April 13, 2015 at 8:54 am

I was starting to wonder if everything was ok, sorry you’ve had such a rotten week, but at least the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be near! Hope this week treats you better!

April 13, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Thank you! The damn cold is still lingering but we should be back into routine again tomorrow. Fingers crossed that was the end of sickness until fall.

April 14, 2015 at 8:45 am

Aw, glad to hear you’re on the mend. I think the flu or something nasty is going around right now – it seems like everyone I know is getting sick.
    If it makes you feel better, I woke up with my very first cold sore EVER this morning. I’m ugly and it hurts!

Hahaha

April 15, 2015 at 10:04 pm

UGH! That’s terrible. Hopefully it goes away soon but I can assure you that you are no where near being ugly my dear!!

Amie
    April 14, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Oh no! Sounds like you caught the plague 🙁 that’s gotta be extra hard with having to try and care for a tiny human as well. I’m dreading my first cold now with a child. Hope your feeling better! We will have to get together soon for lunch!

April 15, 2015 at 10:03 pm

It’s no fun. I remember my first cold with Liam. He was still little enough that we could hang out in bed all day no problem. I still felt so guilty.

Amber
    April 15, 2015 at 10:45 am

Oh I totally hear you. I spent two weekends sick in March which was THE WORST. One of the weekends I didn’t have any plans anyways so it wasn’t a big deal but the other weekend I had to cancel sooo many plans and I was so bummed about it!!

Hope you feel back to 100% asap!

April 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Being sick is such a waste of time!! HAHA!