Weekend Recap

December 1, 2014

Happy first day of December! I can’t believe December is already here. I am still wanting to write August when I’m writing dates and before I know it this year is going to be over. At the same time, I’m nearly complete my Christmas shopping, with just a couple little things for gift exchanges to pick up still. The major purchases are done though and I’m hoping I can spend the rest of the month enjoying some Christmas activities with Liam.

Despite the freezing cold temperatures (-30 all weekend), Liam and I still managed to have a good weekend.

I had plans on taking Liam to see the Festival of Trees after work, but was wavering all day considering it had been blizzarding and absolutely freezing all day. I decided to go for it since we were meeting some friends. We checked out the kids area first. There was lots for kids to do but I didn’t realize most of the activities needed tokens and I didn’t bring much cash with me. Liam did goย in a bouncy house for the first time and he loved it. I was afraid he would never come out and I’d have to crawl in there to haul him out. We wandered over to check out the trees and Liam was getting a little bit crazy, running all over the place. We haven’t used the stroller since summer but I almost wish I would have brought it. We managed to hit up the fun little photo booth set up before Liam had a complete meltdown and we had to make a speedy exit.

These photos crack me up so much!

FOT Photo Booth

I came home to find the sweetest little package in my mailbox. The lovely Alison sent me over her copy of Piyo, which I’ve been dying to try and was planning to purchase after the holidays. She also sent the cutest pair of moccasins for Liam with a thoughtful little card and a Christmas card featuring her beautiful family. It was so sweet and I feel so very blessed for having so many great people in my (and Liam’s) life! Thanks again, Alison!

Saturday
I was spoiled with a sleep in until 830!! We started off the day with some snuggles watching cartoons before I made breakfast. We originally had planned to go to my parents place, but with such cold temperatures and questionable road conditions after two straight days of snow, I decided to just stay home in front of the fire place. I typically have a rule about putting the Christmas tree up no earlier than December 1, but Saturday just seemed like such a perfect day to do it.

We didn’t get up to much else for the rest of the day. Liam napped while I did laundry and made a to-do list for Sunday’s errands. Then I let Liam watch some Christmas cartoons and eat popcorn while I prepped dinner. It was a fairly lazy day and I’m perfectly fine with that. Once Liam was in bed I started the house cleaning before Cassandra phoned and distracted me from being productive. I finished the night off with a couple episodes of Homeland since Parenthood is on hiatus.

I dropped Liam off at his dads house in the morning before meeting the old market/brunch crew. I had been missing our regular winter brunches! I had a mad craving for Heritage Ranch buffet but they were booked for a function so we ended up at Phil’s instead. No complaining about Phil’s breakfast!

After brunch I was off on an errand spree. First stop was Home Depot to pick up all of my painting supplies and finally choose a paint colour for Liam’s room overhaul. I finally chose something and I hope that it will end up looking as nice as I envision! I’ve never painting before so I really have no idea what I’m doing.

From there I went to the mall where Target stole my soul and half of my last paycheque. I ended up putting back a lot of things but still managed to do some financial damage. But like I said earlier, I’m nearly done Christmas shopping now. I also stopped at the post office since my Christmas cards were waiting for me. I’m so pumped to get them addressed and mailed out! I managed to run into a few friends along the way and also to not lose my mind in a crowded mall. I generally don’t like to go anywhere near the crowds during the holidays but it wasn’t as chaotic as I thought.

After all that shopping it was time to stop in for some baby snuggles!

I even held both twins together! I could have cuddled them all afternoon but knew I had more things to get done. I came home and ate, put away all of the days purchases, vacuumed, did some yoga in front of the Christmas tree and then drafted this post! Talk about a busy day!

What did you get up to this weekend?ย
Have you started or finished Christmas shopping yet?

Tawnya
    December 1, 2014 at 9:05 am

Sounds like a great weekend!! Mine was too mundane for a post even! haha I worked ๐Ÿ™

Kris | iheartwellness.com
    December 1, 2014 at 9:18 am

Hi Becky! I found your blog through another site I was reading and I love what you share!

Awwww, Saturday was a great day for your tree to go up and it’s so pretty! We put ours up a week ago now and I love having it up earlier than Dec, but I’m a crazy person like that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a great day!

xxoo
    Kris

December 1, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Thanks for stopping by!! <3

December 1, 2014 at 9:42 am

The photo booth pics are awesome!! I love them. I am excited for next tear when A can do more in Candy Cane Lane, we just wandered though this year.
    Have fun painting! I hate painting lol. We had to paint our whole house in Lethbridge and after that we agreed never to even paint a single room. And that is why Avery has beige walls in her room!
    I need to go for breakfast, we never go out but I love doing so!

December 1, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I am excited for when stuff like that isn’t such a sensory overload for Liam and we can actually enjoy it. HAHA!

Anytime you want to go for breakfast, I’m game! It’s my favourite!

December 1, 2014 at 12:01 pm

The weather this weekend was super crappy, so I felt less guilty about staying home and doing nothing. You should have shared a picture of the moccasins that Alison sent! ๐Ÿ™‚ I would totally come down and help you paint if I wasn’t pregnant! My tips: tape around windows, door frames, etc- it makes it way easier to cut in with the brush. Do all of your patching and sanding first and clean that up. Then break out the paint supplies ๐Ÿ™‚

December 1, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Haha, I tried to take pictures but they were a blur of excited running!

My dad is going to help me so hopefully between the two of us it will turn out good!! Thanks for the tips!

Kaella
    December 1, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Awww, it sounds like a great weekend! I love Liam in that photo booth hahahaha! So cute! I’m done my Christmas shopping. I finished yesterday but still have to find some time to wrap everything! Alison is so sweet!! (I do still have your T25 too, I just need to find the motivation to start it up again LOL!)

December 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm

It’s your T25 now ๐Ÿ™‚

December 1, 2014 at 1:48 pm

So glad you had a good weekend despite the cold!! Yuck. Good luck painting, I am the worst at painting so J won’t let me! ha ha Our house needs a good paint job though! Love those photos of Liam and his buddy – so cute!! Your breakfast looked so yummy!! Glad you liked the little package we sent. ๐Ÿ™‚

December 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Ugh, thanks! I’m hoping with the help of my parents it won’t be a total disaster!

Sara
    December 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Look at you rocking that headstand, I’ve had a bit of a yoga drought the last week or so, but I’m back at it now (I promise there will be a post this Saturday! Promise!) Liam looks like he had a blast in the photobooth. Good luck with the room painting overhaul! I’m assuming we’ll see a before/after?

December 2, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing more yoga updates from you.

Yes, I will try to take before and after photos to share! But only if it turns out good, haha.