Weekend Recap

November 24, 2014

That weekend went by way too quick for me! Can I please have one more day?

I came home to an empty house, ready for some relax time. I had considered hitting up the new Hunger Games movie, but knew that Saturday was going to be a busy day and I was still trying to fight the last of my cold. I opted for a bubble bath and the latest episode of Parenthood. Can we talk about this show for a second? How can they end with an episode like that and not air again until January!

Saturday
I slept in a little before heading out to help with set up for my company Christmas party. Once that was done I grabbed a much needed coffee, went to pick up some paint samples for Liam’s room (omg, I can’t make a decision!), stopped at Cassandra’s to pick through her dresses, and finally stopped at Alix’s to get my makeup done. I went home to attempt to do my hair. I’m so not a girly girl because I just can’t do my own hair and makeup. I had a minor meltdown when my hair turned into a mess and I didn’t have time to wash it or start over. I think in the end it turned out half decent, but not without a fight. Before long it was party time.

I wasn’t feeling my best Sunday morning and slept much later than I had anticipated. I picked Liam up just before lunch and we hung out watching some cartoons before going for dual naps. Liam slept for a good couple hours, but that meant we wouldn’t be able to make it to paint some pottery at Color Me Mine like I’d hoped. We went for groceries, came home and made supper and then it was bed time again. Seriously, the weekend went by too fast!

Anyone else watch Parenthood?
Do you have any Christmas parties to attend this year?

November 24, 2014 at 7:51 am

I love Parenthood but haven’t caught up on this season. Now that they’re taking a break I guess I’ll have time. Isn’t it so annoying how whenever you’re trying to do your hair, it fails. But if you had nothing to do your hair looks perfect. Never fails.

November 24, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Oh man. You must catch up, it’s been a good season! I’m kind of sad this is the final season, although I’ll be happy to not cry every week watching it.

Kaella
    November 24, 2014 at 9:16 am

Awww, wish I was closer so I could have done your hair–I love doing people’s hair (even though I’m not great at it either haha!)

The hunger games movie was really good! I have a crush on Liam Hemsworth ๐Ÿ˜›

What colour are you thinking for Liam’s room? Is there a theme?

November 24, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Haha, I love having my hair done by other people!

Well, Liam’s furniture is all that dark espresso brown and his curtains were already baby blue so I decided to do navy blue and baby blue bedding with blue accents in the art work on his walls. So I was thinking a very light blue for the walls but my mom thinks I should do a beige instead. Not sure where to go with. Not really a theme, just want to keep it somewhat neutral and modern and something he can grow with. Maybe I’ll post photos of the swatches I picked up later.

November 24, 2014 at 9:37 am

My mom said you looked awesome Saturday night!! We have my party in a couple weeks and I have the FOT masquerade this Friday so that is kinda like a Christmas party ๐Ÿ™‚

November 24, 2014 at 8:23 pm

It was nice to see your mom there! Hope you have fun at your parties coming up. Can’t wait to hear about the masquerade!

November 24, 2014 at 10:16 am

Agree to parent hood- oh man that show gets me!! Tears everytime!!
    You looked GREAT Saturday night from what I saw on IG!! I am glad you had a good weekend!

November 24, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who cries every time!
      And thank you!

Tawnya
    November 24, 2014 at 10:17 am

Sounds like a fun weekend!! You should post the paint swatches for Liam’s room and let us help!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ I LOVE picking paint colors!!

November 24, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Haha, oh how I wish you lived here so I could take you paint shopping!

November 24, 2014 at 11:16 am

You forgot to post the picture from your Christmas party of you looking like a hot mama! I’m terrible with my hair and make up too.

November 24, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Haha I know, I was too lazy to add pictures to this post. But I did post a pic on IG!

Amber
    November 24, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I saw a pic of you on IG and thought you looked great for your Christmas party!

Sounds like a super busy weekend. Glad you had downtime on Friday night and Sunday afternoon.

November 24, 2014 at 8:21 pm