Thinking Out Loud #2

August 14, 2014

Thinking-Out-Loud2

I have a bit of a random thought dump coming at you this evening.

1) I just came across a website called GOMI (Get Off My Internets). It’s basically just a big forum to trash bloggers. From what I saw I’m not on it (I’m too small time for haters), but it still makes me incredibly sad that exists. Sure there are blogs that I don’t like or question, but I don’t feel the need to publicly shame them for what they choose to write about. That’s their prerogative and I don’t have to follow them if I don’t want to. I wish we could all learn to be nicer, especially on the internet. There’s no need to hide behind anonymous profiles being mean to one another.

2) I don’t know why but I’ve been exhausted all week. I’m not sure if it’s just the heat or what, but I’m absolutely done once Liam is in bed. I decided to skip yesterdays workout, but when I started this post I realized I would feel better (and less guilty) if I just sucked it up and finished my workout. So I did.

3) I went on a bit of an online shopping spree this week and hope to spend even more money (on new running shoes for myself) this weekend. I took advantage of Wheat’s 30% off summer sale and bought Liam some new clothes for fall. I can’t wait to do a fashion post because it’s going to be adorable. Some other items I’ve bought this week:

shopping1. The Lizzie Dress from Blame Betty.
2. This adorable shirt for Liam from Superstore
3. The Mommy’s Little Monster backpack from Blame Betty.
4. A beautiful scarf from Urban Cowgirl that I’m really excited about! I’ve been waiting for the perfect print before ordering from her and this was it!

4) A couple of weeks I had blood tests done to make sure my thyroid, etc. I mentioned to my chiropractor a few months ago that I was concerned about the weight I’ve gained over the last year, despite working out and (mostly) eating healthy. She suggested looking into those things because they could easily have been affected by the amount of stress I’ve been under the past few years (getting pregnant, failed relationship with Liam’s dad, returning to work, single parenting, etc.). I guess it didn’t really ever occur to me that I was under so much stress because I was just dealing with life as it hit me. Part of me really hoped that something would show up in the tests so I had a bit of an excuse, even though I would prefer to have a clean bill of health. Today I found out the results of my blood test and passed with flying colours. My doctor suggested a diet higher in fats and lower in carbs, which is what I’ve heard a million times already, so I guess it’s really time to quit making excuses and tighten up that diet if I ever want to feel happier with my body. I guess it was a bit of a wakeup. I can’t eat like I Crossfit anymore since I haven’t done Crossfit in almost a year.

That’s all for now, just needed to get those things (mostly the last one) off my chest. See you tomorrow for Fitness Friday!

Tawnya Faust
    August 14, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Oh! I got that scarf too from UC!! 🙂 Love it!!

I’m glad your blood work came back normal, but I know what you mean about almost wanting a reason for things…

Hope you have a great weekend!!

August 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm

AWESOME! Scarf twins! haha

Pam
    August 14, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Why is it so hard to eat clean all the time? I eat pretty well but definitely love my carbs (and sweets) but I know I cant eat like them a lot if I want to lose the ten lbs I have been wanting to lose. But it is still hard not to! Anyway good luck to you. Im working on it too!

August 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Ugh. Right? I eat pretty well, but know I could be better. I just wish that I could get away with eating healthy but not super strict. Guess not, time to be super strict.

Amie
    August 15, 2014 at 9:40 am

Wow I’m glad I’m not on that website either. That’s awful karma right there.

August 15, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Right? So awful.

laura @ scribbles and sass
    August 15, 2014 at 9:55 am

i really appreciate that GOMI doesn’t have a “search” option, so i’m not even going to look through. why people but so much time into being negative is so beyond me. it eats up so much energy.

August 15, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I’m glad there’s not search option either….Life would be so much better if everyone practiced kindness every day.

Jen
    August 15, 2014 at 6:35 pm

You might want to consider looking into adrenal fatigue as well. High stress (among other things) can really eff up your adrenal glands and make it almost impossible to lose weight.

August 15, 2014 at 6:37 pm

It’s next on my list of things to look into. I wanted the blood tests first. Testing for it is uber expensive though. 🙁

August 16, 2014 at 9:27 am

Love all your purchases!! Cute scarf. Glad all your blood work came back healthy. You look great Becky. But I know stress can play a huge part in weight gain/loss and you have been through a lot.

August 16, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Alison. One day I hope to be as ripped as you 😉

Brie
    August 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I totally know what you mean by wanting the tests to show something – I went through the same thing several years ago when I moved to BC and started working 12 hour night shifts. I gained 20 lbs in a few short months and didn’t want to accept that it was my poor eating habits and beer drinking! I had all sorts of tests done and they all came back clear. It was tough to swallow. (I say all this just to say “I get it!”, not because I’m implying it’s the same thing for you). I think you look great in the photos I’ve seen of you, but I know it’s important to feel happy about yourself regardless of what other people tell you. Love that shirt from Joe – must run out at get Sully one pronto!

August 16, 2014 at 7:24 pm