I have a bit of a random thought dump coming at you this evening.
1) I just came across a website called GOMI (Get Off My Internets). It’s basically just a big forum to trash bloggers. From what I saw I’m not on it (I’m too small time for haters), but it still makes me incredibly sad that exists. Sure there are blogs that I don’t like or question, but I don’t feel the need to publicly shame them for what they choose to write about. That’s their prerogative and I don’t have to follow them if I don’t want to. I wish we could all learn to be nicer, especially on the internet. There’s no need to hide behind anonymous profiles being mean to one another.
2) I don’t know why but I’ve been exhausted all week. I’m not sure if it’s just the heat or what, but I’m absolutely done once Liam is in bed. I decided to skip yesterdays workout, but when I started this post I realized I would feel better (and less guilty) if I just sucked it up and finished my workout. So I did.
3) I went on a bit of an online shopping spree this week and hope to spend even more money (on new running shoes for myself) this weekend. I took advantage of Wheat’s 30% off summer sale and bought Liam some new clothes for fall. I can’t wait to do a fashion post because it’s going to be adorable. Some other items I’ve bought this week:
1. The Lizzie Dress from Blame Betty.
2. This adorable shirt for Liam from Superstore
3. The Mommy’s Little Monster backpack from Blame Betty.
4. A beautiful scarf from Urban Cowgirl that I’m really excited about! I’ve been waiting for the perfect print before ordering from her and this was it!
4) A couple of weeks I had blood tests done to make sure my thyroid, etc. I mentioned to my chiropractor a few months ago that I was concerned about the weight I’ve gained over the last year, despite working out and (mostly) eating healthy. She suggested looking into those things because they could easily have been affected by the amount of stress I’ve been under the past few years (getting pregnant, failed relationship with Liam’s dad, returning to work, single parenting, etc.). I guess it didn’t really ever occur to me that I was under so much stress because I was just dealing with life as it hit me. Part of me really hoped that something would show up in the tests so I had a bit of an excuse, even though I would prefer to have a clean bill of health. Today I found out the results of my blood test and passed with flying colours. My doctor suggested a diet higher in fats and lower in carbs, which is what I’ve heard a million times already, so I guess it’s really time to quit making excuses and tighten up that diet if I ever want to feel happier with my body. I guess it was a bit of a wakeup. I can’t eat like I Crossfit anymore since I haven’t done Crossfit in almost a year.
That’s all for now, just needed to get those things (mostly the last one) off my chest. See you tomorrow for Fitness Friday!