I totally stole this post idea from Kaella, although this is something I’ve been thinking about the last few days anyways. It feels like summer has only just begun but is quickly coming to a close all at the same time. I feel like I’ve done a lot of fun things so far, but still have so much I’d love to do before the snow flies.
Here’s a quick list of things on our summer and early fall bucket list this year:
1) Cruise Night – this is a weekly car show that happens in a big parking lot. I think Liam would like to see all of the cars and trucks now that he’s showing interest in vehicles. I tried to take him earlier, but didn’t realize it didn’t start until closer to Liam’s bed time. I think one day I will allow him to stay up a little bit later so we can go.
2) Sunnybrook Farm – It’s a little mini farm in the middle of the city. I took Liam last year and he loved to see the animals. Now I know he will love the animals AND all the tractors.
3) Discovery Wildlife Park – this is a little mini zoo about 15 minutes outside of the city. We went last year but Liam slept through most of the trip.
4) Calgary Zoo – I have been waiting to take Liam to the zoo FOREVER. We have plans to meet Kaella and Leigh August 3! If anyone else wants to join, feel free!
5) Heritage Park – this is something my dad really wants to do with Liam, but I also haven’t been there since I was a kid so I think it would be super fun to go again.
6) Splash Park – there’s an awesome new splash park here that I’ve never been to so I would like to take Liam at least once
7) Centre Fest – this is an annual street performer festival which I’ve been to almost every summer for the last few years. It’s a lot of fun and I will definitely be going this year. It’s actually this weekend so I’m hoping to take Liam one day depending on when/if his dad is home.
8) Corn Maze
9) Pumpkin Patch – I’ve never been to a pumpkin patch! I think Liam and I would both have a lot of fun
10) Color Me Mine – I’m not sure if this would be super fun or a super disaster, but I would like to take Liam to paint some pottery on a rainy day.
11) Cafe O Play – A new cafe/play place is opening up in the next few days. I’m really excited to go on a mom and tot coffee date with another mom friend someday to check it out. There aren’t many indoor areas for toddlers to hang out here so I’m really excited about this new option. I have a feeling it will be BUSY.
12) Yoga in the Park – This is not an activity to do with Liam, just myself. I’ve always wanted to go and never had the opportunity before. I hope to make it at least once this summer so cross your fingers for a child free evening during the week soon!
Isn’t that a huge list? I realize there are very few weekends left too so I’m coming to terms with the fact that we probably won’t get to it all this year. I’ll just have to plan better for next year!
Anything on your summer bucket list?