Hey happy Hump Day! Here are a few things I’ve been loving lately:
1) Westerner Week! This is one of the best weeks of the year. Our local fair, Westerner Days, starts up today. There’s already been pancake breakfasts and BBQs happening but I haven’t been able to partake yet. Today is the parade and luckily the parade route goes right by my office so I will be able to go down and watch. Then my office building has a big BBQ lunch afterwards. Tomorrow one of the credit union branches hosts the best pancake breakfast in town. I’m hoping I can make it there, but will be hard to coordinate dropping Liam off and making it to a morning meeting. Then lunch is a chilli cook off. I will be taking Liam to the fair to the petting zoo and hopefully on some rides. My fingers are crossed that he will go to his dads Saturday night because I really want to take in the Sheep Dog concert that’s free with gate admission! Seriously, this week is the best!
2) Morning yoga instead of the snooze button. I never used to be the kind of person to hit snooze but the last year or two I’ve been finding it really hard to drag myself out of bed. This week I have been getting up at the first alarm and doing 15 minutes of yoga before starting my day. It’s great because I don’t feel I’m missing out on those few extra minutes in bed and I also don’t feel guilty if I need to miss an evening workout. Which brings me to my next love…
3) My Jade yoga mat. Seriously, this mat is life changing. It’s so soft and sticky, even when I’m drenched in sweat from practicing in my hot condo, I don’t go anywhere. I’m so thankful that I received this mat from Amie’s giveaway!
4) Fresh greens. I’ve been harvesting spinach from my moms garden, bean leaves from the bean plant Liam brought home from the day home (seriously, these leaves are DELISH!), salad mix and kale from the market and creating the most amazing salad beasts. Something about fresh, locally grown produce just makes everything better.
5) My new ‘do! I got my hair done for the first time in a year I think last week. I let my stylist have free reign over my hair but she chose to chop a few layers off and add some blonde highlights. Nothing major but a nice change. It feels really good to have fresh locks again!
Tell me something you’re loving lately?