Fitness

Fitness Friday

June 27, 2014

Ah, the sweet smell of Friday at last. I’m really looking forward to a fun weekend! Before I chat a little about that, let’s recap the workouts?

I was in Rocky with my parents and packed my run gear, but was enjoying spending time with my family in the sun and decided to skip the run.

Instead I did a super quick Crossfit workout after Liam went to bed. 30 clean & jerk for time. I used the sandbag and finished in 3 minutes. I finished off with a 2 minute plank hold and called it a night.

Monday
Off

Tuesday
Lunch time run with the coworkers. We covered 5k in 35 minutes which is about a 7 minute pace including our walk breaks (we do 7 and 1). It felt good to fit that in during lunch break and I really look forward to more runs throughout the summer!

Wednesday
Off. I was exhausted after four hours of sleep and a long day out of town for work.

Thursday
Natalia, our summer student and I did 3k at lunch. Without our normal pacer, we still managed to make good time and keep a 7 minute pace with our walks which is awesome. We kept it easy since we are both doing Color Me Rad on Saturday

Tonight I think I’m going to take it easy, do some foam rolling on my calves since they’re pretty tight from all the miles in the Vibrams I’ve been doing. I may even do some Yoga since I haven’t busted out a Reflexion Yoga video in awhile. Nothing major as I don’t want to have sore muscles. I know the Color Me Rad course is going to be a lot of uphill.

So yeah, that’s what I’m up to this weekend. I’m excited to meet up with everyone running on Saturday morning and hope to go for lunch with everyone too! Liam’s dad is coming home so I will get a nice break.

Amie
    June 27, 2014 at 8:01 am

How much does your sandbag weigh and where did you get it from? 🙂

June 27, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I believe my sandbag is about 25-30 pounds. You can add and remove weight from it. I was dumb when I filled the bags and didn’t actually weigh them though! I got when I was following Body Rock workouts, they promote one. I think it’s from Ultimate Sandbag Training. I really really like it. Really versatile, you can do a lot with it!

June 27, 2014 at 8:53 am

I’m excited to meet you there! Should be such a fun run. Have you done the colour me rad before?

June 27, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I’m excited to meet you as well! I did CMR last year and had a lot of fun!

Tawnya Faust
    June 27, 2014 at 1:09 pm

oh man… I would say I’m going to be doing A LOT of walking at the CMR race if there are a lot of hills. My girlfriend who is 37 wks pregnant is now coming and running/walking with us! IT should be fun!!

June 27, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I think I will be doing a lot of walking as well. I remember doing a lot last year and this year sounds like it will be tougher!! Either way it will be fun!

June 29, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Such a great week!! That course was a lot of hills for sure hey!! Super fun though- sad I missed you!!

June 29, 2014 at 2:47 pm

PS. I love that photo of you and Liam on your side bar. It’s beautiful.