Happy New Year and welcome to 2014! I can’t even believe it’s the first day of a brand new year! It would be great if time could just slow down a little. The last year wasn’t without it’s ups and downs but I feel like I’m on my way to building the life I want for Liam and I. I’m in a much better place going into 2014 than I was earlier in the year. I’ve changed a lot and have learned a lot, as I do every year.
The highlights of 2013:
– I competed in the Crossfit Open
– I ran a bunch of races including Color Me Rad, Mud Hero, Spartan Sprint 5k, Super Spartan 12k,
– I completed Whole 30
– I was in a flash mob!
– I attended Alix’s beautiful wedding which inspired me to find a love as beautiful as Kyle and Alix’s.
– I saw Mumford and Sons live (only ONE concert!! That’s almost unheard of!)
– I was a zombie for a day playing an extra in a low budget zombie flick (which I’m still waiting to see the finished film!)
– I took control of my happiness and did the hardest thing, break up with Liam’s dad and become a single mom.
– I turned 27, despite forgetting my real age most days
– I got my first grey hair
– I celebrated my sons first birthday and celebrated surviving my first year of motherhood.
It was definitely a year unlike any other. Less travel, less concerts, less me time, but it was worth it to be able to spend nine and a half months hanging out with my little man every day. Liam brings me a world of happiness and has taught me that spending the day in yoga pants hanging out on the floor is just as wonderful as random adventures with friends. He also taught me the value of napping when he naps and that all house work can wait, sometimes it’s just nice to enjoy that quiet time. I learned that sometimes goals need to be put on hold because it just isn’t the right time to pursue them. I learned this when I could no longer find a way to go to Crossfit with my work schedule without missing out on what little quality time I have Liam.
2014 will be about making the most of my time and learning to do the things I love (such as working out) at home either with Liam, or after he’s gone to bed. This next year will be about letting go of the past and building the future I want for Liam and I. This year I plan to be the happiest and healthiest person I can be for myself and for my son.
I do have a few goals for the upcoming year:
– find a way to enjoy working out at home
– practice more yoga
– be more present when I’m with Liam
– read more, text less
– work on my budget
– travel, doesn’t matter how far
– connect with friends
How was your 2013?
What are your goals for 2014?