Since each month keeps sneaking up on me, I keep forgetting I need to recap the previous months goals and set new ones. Nothing like making it halfway through the month before realizing this! OOPS!
My August goals were:
1) Beat last year’s Mud Hero time – I did NOT beat last year’s time, but the course was MUCH harder so there’s really no comparison here.
2) Beat last year’s Spartan Sprint time – I did beat my time last year but not by much. This year I was running with friends and we were helping each other with obstacles which slows down the time. I had a great time either way!
3) Declutter some stuff in the house, get rid of old clothes and unused/unwanted items. – I did not accomplish this. My parents were suppose to be having a garage sale and I was suppose to help them organize for it and help sell stuff. I was going to ride their coat tails a little as well and do some decluttering of my own to add to the sale but the sale did not happen and therefore I was unmotivated to do any decluttering. I do need to go shopping for some new work clothes and I think when I do that I will be going through my closet to get rid of unwanted things to make room for new stuff.
1) Survive Liam starting day home and going back to work – this is the biggest thing happening this month and I just want to get through it, adapt quickly and find our new routine with little stress. It’s going to be a big transition for everyone and I don’t want to add in too many other goals this month as this will be my main focus.
2) Enjoy my birthday – Last year my friends threw me a lovely birthday party and I was so thankful for it. But to be honest I did not enjoy my birthday at all. I was two days past my due date and Layne had forgotten my birthday. I was just miserable and emotional all day. Usually I LOVE my birthday and it’s a week long event but not last year. This year I just want to wear my cute new dress I treated myself to, have a nice dinner with my close friends and family, and enjoy my day.
Did you accomplish your August goals?
What is one goal you’ve set for September?