Three Things Thursday

June 13, 2013

Hi friends. Sorry I haven’t been around this week. To be honest I just haven’t had much to say and haven’t been in the mood so I took a couple days off. I hope you didn’t miss me too much! Here’s three random things for this Thursday:

1) I convinced my boyfriend to TRIM his beard. This is huge. He loves his beard, I hate his beard. He has such a cute baby face and the beard just covers it up. I think that’s the point but c’mon, I wasn’t originally attracted to that big fluffy thing. Last night he agreed to trim it so he doesn’t look like such a bush man. I will take it! Now let’s just hope he follows through.

2) I downloaded the TimeHop app on my iPad and absolutely love it. You link it to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and then it will tell you what you posted each day in the past. This time two years ago I was in Ireland. This time four years ago I was in Vegas. I remember both trips so well it seems like they were only a few months ago. How times have changed!

3) I saw this sketch on the Huffington Post awhile ago about how horrible women are at accepting compliments. It’s hilarious and totally true. I know I sometimes have a hard time but I’ve been making an effort to just say thank you instead of invalidating it somehow.

Let’s hear your Thursday Things:
Ladies, do you like facial hair on your man?
What were you doing this time last year, two years ago, five years ago?
Are you good at accepting praise or compliments?

June 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

A little, but not a lot, I hated Movember when Chad did it but he also just looked like a creep. lol
    Two years ago… recovering from my first full marathon 🙂 And running lots. haha Five years ago – good question, I still worked at CS but cannot remember much more!
    Sometimes, it depends I am not a person who likes a lot of attention so if its one on one I am fine but not in front of lots of people.

Leslie Anderson
    June 13, 2013 at 10:07 am

I don’t really mind facial hair as long as its not a stash! Trav grows a nice beard many strangers have came up and told him how jealous they are of it (men a starge and facial hair) Two years ago I was nine months pregnant and working at the hospital in Ponoka! Five years ago hmmmmm I’m not even sure? I was working in Ponoka then too but can’t think of anything else. I’m horrible at accepting compliments even from friends and family. Something I really need to work on

NIcole
    June 13, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I don’t like facial hair on my husband but I think it looks good on some guys. It’s just too scratchy!

One year ago I was getting ready for my brother-in-law’s wedding. I think I saw Hunger Games at the theatre at a Stars and Strollers showing. Two years ago I just found out I was pregnant with Audrey! Five years ago? No idea!

Diana
    June 13, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Scruff. All scruff, all the time. That said, facial hair is a lot like haircuts, piercings, or tattoos… there’s no telling until you try it out, and there are a lot of things that look excellent on one person that don’t have the same effect when someone else tries it out. That’s why I’m also so thrilled when I see a well-executed handlebar moustache.

This time two years ago I was gearing up to head to England for my first solo vacation. Working furiously saving money, and getting very excited.

I am working really hard to get better at accepting praise and compliments. The only compliments/praise I’m not down with is catcalling/street harassment, but when it comes to taking a compliment (about work and my writing, especially), I have a hard time just saying “thanks” and taking time out of my day to recognize that the praise is well-deserved. But because I love giving out praise and compliments as often as I do, I should work that hard at loving those things about me that prompt compliments/praise, too. Old habits die hard!

Bex
      June 14, 2013 at 9:45 am

I liked Layne with scruff. That was the best. Not too baby faced, not so homeless looking lol

Amie
    June 14, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Bahahaha that video was awesome!!