Does anyone else here think it’s hilarious that literally a week ago it was winter and now I’m rocking a slightly pink suntan? Awesome!
Please forgive the frowny, bathroom selfie. I just wanted to show off those tan lines!
You may remember a couple weeks ago when I chatted about how I’m feeling about my six month post-baby body. In case you missed it though, one word sums it up: terrible.
After posting that, I was encouraged to go do something for myself and I actually listened. I bought a super cute new outfit, I booked a hair appointment, and tomorrow I’m going for pedicures with a couple girlfriends. While I am still having issues accepting my body, especially when I see other moms rocking bikinis, it did help me feel a little better about myself. Now if only I could find a way to have my hair done every day and acquire a brand new, super cute wardrobe that actually fits proper.
If you’re a new mom, I encourage you to do something for yourself as a little pick me up. In those days where you haven’t slept, the baby won’t stop crying and you just got puke in your hair AGAIN, you will feel a lot better to escape for an hour or two to do something for yourself. Here’s some things you can do:
1) Buy a new outfit. Even though in a few months it probably won’t fit because you will lose weight, it will feel good to wear something cute besides yoga pants. Superstore has a great spring line right now that is reasonably priced.
These jeans and tank were less than $40!
2) Do your hair and/or makeup. This is something I failed to do the majority of the time. I’m pretty minimal with what I do in regards to hair and makeup anyways. Usually just a bit of blush and mascara and run a straightening iron through my hair. But when time is limited, I was leaving the house with a pony tail and naked skin. Even though I know I don’t look horrible undone, taking the extra few minutes to put some effort into my appearance helps make me feel like a complete mess.
3) Get your hair done. A fresh dye job, a cute new style for summer, even just a trim and styling will make you feel like a total hotty afterwards.
4) Go for a mani/pedi. Bring some lady friends and make it a girls night/afternoon.
5) Don’t be so hard on yourself. Remember that your body has been through a lot and it is still changing. With time and hard work, you will get back to your old self. This is something I’m still trying hard to remember when I don’t have any summer clothes that fit, I muffin top over my favorite jeans and I feel like I still look 4 months pregnant.
Now, Mommas, find a babysitter and go out and feel pretty! Men/Non-Mommas, you might consider treating the new momma in your life to a little spa treatment, cute accessory, massage, bottle of wine, something to make them feel good! I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.
What is your pick me up to help make you feel fabulous?