I finally managed to get to the gym more than once this week!
Tuesday – Mom & Baby Yoga
Wednesday – clean and jerks, 5 rounds of 3 at 55#. WOD was 10 rounds of 250m row and max rep pushups. I finished in 20:03 and managed a measely 57 pushups. Pushups were super hard for me after my surgery so I’m still working to get better.
Thursday – 3×3 deadlifts at 85% of 1RM which was 125# for me. Have I mentioned lately how much I love deadlifts? The WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP of 5 hang snatch and 10 back squats. I used 35# bar for the snatch and 55# for the squats.
Friday – Strength was 5×1 press at 90%, so 55# for me. Since Coach Dave is off to a new job, the WOD was in his honor.It was a 20 minute AMRAP of
20 double unders,
15 air squats,
10 vertical kettlebell swings,
5 elbows to knees
I managed 8 rounds plus 46 reps. I was 4 knees to elbows away from 9 rounds. It was a tough WOD, so long, and I was shaking by the end.
I also embraced the weather and took Liam out for a couple of walks with friends this week. I know its wishful thinking, but it feels like spring could be just around the corner. I hope the weather stays good for awhile because I love walking with Liam in the Mei Tai. The downside to one of my walks? I got a massive blister from my new Uggs. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw the picture.
Some more highlights:
– Popping in to Showdown Merch with Liam, where we got a decal and a little tshirt for Liam.
– tea with a friend that was so delicious it was almost sinful.
– watching Liam spend the past three days trying to learn to blow raspberries. Hilarious!
– getting mail treats! I received a copy of Practical Paleo that I will be reviewing for you guys so stay tuned for that.
– hot tubbing with Cassandra. While I wasn’t happy to have to put on a bathing suit, it was so relaxing to chill in the tub.
– dinner out with Cassandra and the babies
– Sunday brunch with the crew
Now I’m off to have a cup of tea and watch the Grammy’s.
What was one highlight from your week?