Fitness

Workout Wednesday: Row Love

September 12, 2012

Unfortunately my week in workouts has been pretty uneventful. Last Thursday I was feeling really tired and my back was quite sore. I decided to get some rest instead of suffering through a Crossfit workout.

I had hoped to get in more walks during the week but have been super busy the last few days that the only walk I had was at the dog park on Saturday morning. I have had this weird urge to hop on the elliptical at the condo lately so hopefully I can make that happen on colder days. With being off work now, there should be no excuse for me not to get in a little bit of exercise every day!

I did get to the box yesterday and had a decent workout. We started with the press, 5 rounds of 4. I rolled with 35lbs. I was tired and didn’t want to push. It felt a bit easy so I could have tacked on 10lbs which is what I pressed last time. The WOD was 10 rounds of 100m run and 3 power cleans. Of course I rowed and used 35lbs for the cleans. I finished in just over 10 minutes.

Something about rowing really gets me. When I first started Crossfit I didn’t understand rowing at all. It wasn’t until I was shown how to properly row that I started to enjoy it more and more. I am definitely embracing the chance to row instead of running right now.

Also, just wanted to note how much I love my Lululemon workout gear. It’s gotten me through the past 9 months of pregnancy without having to go out and buy new workout clothes. I’m loving that!

What is your favorite way to get in cardio? Walk, run, elliptical, row? I am wishing my condo had a rowing machine so I could do it more on my own time.

September 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Used to be run now walk 🙂

Bex
      September 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm

There’s something about walking that’s so refreshing sometimes. Feels good knowing you are still doing your body good but you don’t feel like death in the process, haha, at least for me!

Leslie
    September 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Laying on my couch and lifting my arm to grab to the remote! Lol but my favorite cardio is DANCING!

Leslie
      September 12, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I meant to say lifting my arm to grab the remote lol

Bex
      September 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm

good call! how could I forget dancing!!

Jonathan Wieler
    January 4, 2013 at 2:58 am

My favourite cardio is running. I live near the river valley and I love to run on all the wonderful trails in Red Deer! There are 2 loops that I usually do one is about 10km and the other about 14km.

I never used to run with an ipod because I wanted to have a peaceful run but then I realized running isn’t about being peaceful. I recently started listening to music while I run and it makes a huge difference! Especially when I want to go hard! I put on something thrashy and intense and just burn!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me when I tweeted it out the other day. I have enjoyed reading through your posts. It is kinda weird reading backwards though. Its like I already know whats going to happen.

Also you gave me a great idea! I am going to start a bucket list of my own 😉

Cheers!

Bex
      January 4, 2013 at 4:08 am

We are so lucky to have such beautiful paths and trails to run on in the city. While I’m not the best runner ever, I do enjoy getting out there in the summer if only for the beauty of nature around me.